Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences Academic Affairs Office provides expertise, support and guidance to academic staff, academic leaders, and administrative staff in the Faculty to ensure the recruitment, support, development, and recognition of academic staff performing at the highest standards of excellence, across all spheres of academic work and all phases of their careers.
The Academic Affairs Office serves as the liaison from the academic units in the Faculty to the offices of the Provost, Academic Personnel, and the Secretariat. The Academic Affairs Office is led by the Vice-Dean, Academic Affairs, the Associate Dean, Academic Affairs, and the Director of Administration.
The Academic Affairs Administrator working in the Academic Affairs Office reviews the work submitted by the administrator working in Administration Excellence Centres (AECs) and ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the documents before final approval by the Vice-Dean, Academic Affairs.
The Faculty currently employs approximately 575 tenure stream academic staff and 4,000 Contract Academic Staff.
- Provide information to the AEC Administrators, Deanery leadership, Chairs, Directors, faculty members and administrative staff with respect to regulations, policies and procedures governing the entire faculty lifecycle. This includes the academic recruitment process, medical manpower, immigration, academic appointments, compensation, leaves, termination, and retirement.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders. Communicate and collaborate with the AECs and the Academic Personnel Office to ensure that standards are met, and that information and record-keeping is complete, and consistent. Meets with the AEC administrators on a weekly basis to ensure alignment of activities.
- Troubleshoot requests from across the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Administers requests as per policy on a wide variety of issues that involve the University’s regulations, academic policies and procedures and collective agreements that cover academic positions.
- Monitor and initiate academic appointments, reappointments, and costing allocations for personal support awards, salaries, and stipends, according to policies and procedures. Ensures salary cost-sharing agreements with our affiliated hospitals and research institutes are accurately reflected in the costing allocations.
- Assists with the annual academic salary policy exercise. Provide information to administrators and faculty members regarding eligibility and the process.
- Collaborate regularly with other academic affairs managers to identify and implement best practices and standardize services across all AECs that ensures consistency, equity, and compliance.
- Assists with the training of Academic Affairs Administrators working in the AECs.
- Perform other related duties as required. This position may be required to move from one area to another from time to time for leave replacements, special projects, and to address increases in workload, etc.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Experience working in academic affairs and or University administration. Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to effectively plan and review work, collaborate with others, and work successfully in a group setting. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to carry on simultaneous projects. Ability to manage and respect competing deadlines and to adapt to changing circumstances. Client-focused with strong problem-solving, priority-setting and organizational skills. Proven attention to detail and analytical skills to understand, interpret and apply complex academic policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in both English and French.
Additional information: Testing will be administered.
Minimum Education and Experience:
DEC III 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 03) $52,210.00 - $65,260.00 - $78,310.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Associate Director Operations
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Discovery Systems Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 10 days ago
Discovery Systems Librarian Digital Initiatives The McGill Library seeks a technically-minded, collaborative, user-centred and highly motivated individual for the position of Discovery Systems Lib...
Digital Collections & Repository Infrastructure Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 10 days ago
Digital Collections & Repository Infrastructure Librarian Digital Initiatives The McGill Library seeks a technically-minded, collaborative, user-centered and highly motivated individual for the po...
Liaison Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 3 days ago
POSITION POSTING Liaison Librarian Rare Books & Special Collections Deadline to apply: April 17, 2023, 11:59pm Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian (tenure track) Duration: three years, with...
Cataloguing Librarian, University of Toronto, Canada, 3 days ago
Cataloguing Librarian Collection Services Deadline to apply: April 15, 2023, 11:59pm Full-time, tenure-track librarian position (three years, with possibility of renewal) Salary minimum: salary co...
Archivist, University of Toronto, Canada, 2 days ago
POSITION POSTING Archivist Rare Books & Special Collections Deadline to apply: April 17, 2023, 11:59pm Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian (tenure track) Duration: three years, with possibi...
Machine Learning/Ai In Human Health Principal Investigator/Professor (Assistant Or Associate), Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC), Université de Montréal, Canada, 27 days ago
The Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) in partnership with the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine of Université de Montréal (UdeM) inv...