The Energy Production Innovation Center (EPIC) has opened a call for applicants for post-doctoral fellowship opportunities funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) in the area of Reservoir Engineering – Production Optimization. EPIC is supported by FAPESP and Equinor Brasil Energia and is located in the University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil.
Research Line 1 – Production Optimization using Numerical Reservoir Simulation Models (RL1), coordinated by Prof. Denis Schiozer (FEM/UNICAMP), aims to investigate approaches to improve the decision-making and optimization processes related to the development and management of the petroleum reservoirs of Brazilian pre-salt. These processes involve several technological challenges related to reservoir and fluid properties and oil recovery methods, such as water alternating gas (WAG-CO2 ) and polymer flooding. RL1 will also investigate digital initiatives such as intelligent wells, smart control of petroleum fields, real-time data analysis and processing using machine-learning methods, hardware acceleration, and visualization techniques.
RL1 will develop research on the following topics:
• AT1: Reservoir characterization and representation in simulation models;
• AT2: Production optimization and decision-making under uncertainty;
• AT3: Simulation of enhanced oil recovery methods;
• AT4: Simulation and visualization of models;
• AT5: Integration between reservoir and production systems.
Currently, RL1 has the participation of the following professors: Denis Schiozer (School of Mechanical Engineering - FEM/UNICAMP), Anderson Rocha (IC/UNICAMP), André Fioravanti (School of Mechanical Engineering - FEM/UNICAMP), Celmar Silva (School of Technology - FT/UNICAMP), Guilherme Coelho (School of Technology - FT/UNICAMP), Marcio Pinto (Escola Politécnica of the University of São Paulo - POLI/USP), and Phillippe Devloo (School of Civil Engineering - FEC/UNICAMP).
The applicants must send the following documents by e-mail to email@example.com , informing in the subject line “EPIC | Postdoctoral application for RL1”:
1) Resume and full academic records, including the GPA;
2) A motivation letter, written in English, explaining the interest in the vacancy, your preferred field of research and your motivation for joining the research center;
3) Two letters of recommendation;
4) List of scientific publications, Master and PhD Thesis.
An interview will be scheduled after the analysis of the applicant’s documentation.
• All vacancies require fluency in English;
• AT2: All vacancies are full-time research opportunities;
• The post-doctoral fellowship includes a monthly stipend of R$ 7,373.10 (around USD 1,900 or EURO 1,700), access to the health-care system of Unicamp, and research contingency funds (15% of the annual value of the fellowship, each year);
• For more details on the candidate’s requirements, check out FAPESP’s webpage http://www.fapesp.br/en/5427 .
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/3564 .
Post Doc Position In Reservoir Engineering And Petrophysics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for a two-year Postdoctoral researcher position in the research group Reservoir Engineering and Petrophysics at the Department of Geoscience and Petroleum (IGP...
Postdoc For Corrosion In Oil And Gas, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
The Materials and Surface Engineering section in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark are seeking candidate for 1 Post-doctoral Researcher position in th...
Postdoc Position In Dispersal Simulation Of Floating Material In Satellite Derived Ocean Currents (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 2 days ago
The ocean plays an important role in global society, supporting fisheries, shipping and tourism. At the same time, the ocean is under threat from pollution such as plastics and oil spills. Further...
Postdoc Position In Dispersal Simulation Of Floating Material In Satellite Derived Ocean Currents (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Postdoc position in dispersal simulation of floating material in satellite-derived ocean currents (1.0 FTE) Functie The ocean plays an important role in global society, supporting fisheries, shipp...
Research Assistant In Plant Lipid Biochemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 11 days ago
The Department of Plant Breeding conducts research, education and innovational work of strategic importance for the society’s long-term sustentation of provisions, industrial raw material and ener...
Research Assistant, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Mechanical Engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science...