VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is a renowned life sciences research institute in Belgium, committed to conducting groundbreaking research in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The VIB Technologies program constitutes the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allows scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies. The VIB Technologies comprises the Tech Watch Core and 11 state-of-the-art core facilities with access to a specific technology offering. The role of VIB Technologies is to support the 1900 researchers at VIB with their expertise. Within VIB technologies we have over 100 staff members.
VIB Tech Watch Core is dedicated to proactively monitoring technological developments and innovations and is currently seeking a highly motivated and creative member to join our dynamic team of technologists. The successful candidate will play a key role in the exploration and assessment of novel single-cell technologies in an industrial project. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic single-cell scientist to implement cutting-edge technologies at VIB, leaving a lasting impact in both academic and industrial settings. If you are passionate about innovation and wish to be at the forefront of single-cell technologies, we invite you to join our dynamic team.
- Design and execute experiments dedicated to exploring and validating single-cell technologies.
- Optimize protocols for single-cell omics including those aimed for high-throughput research.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to derive meaningful conclusions for each technology.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in single-cell technologies.
- Present findings at internal and external meetings.
- Project management to enable efficient technology evaluation.
- Report findings and conclusions to relevant stakeholders.
- A Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Experience in single-cell technologies including data analysis.
- Interest in testing and implementing novel methods/technologies.
- Strong hands-on expertise and experience in Next-Generation-Sequencing (NGS).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams across different research settings.
- An 18-month contract with the possibility of an extension
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Attractive salary package and benefits
- The opportunity to develop expertise in single-cell technologies within a strong network of scientific collaborators
- The opportunity to apply a diverse methodological skill set and explore state-of-the-art technologies.
How to apply?
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Stem Cell Biology, With A Focus On Rare Diseases Affecting Children, University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta has an opening for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in stem cell biology focused on rare diseases affecting children. Worki...
Single Cell Genomics Senior Research Technician, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 3 days ago
5 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Centre for Genomic Regulation Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3)...
6 Months Internship Or Master Thesis (M/F/D) | Cancer Metabolism, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany, 16 days ago
Job Code: 2023_48 Job Offer from November 22, 2023 The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried is one of the world's leading research institutions in the fields of biochemistry...
Molecular Biologist For The Genetic Perturbation Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 18 days ago
20 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark Application Dea...
Molecular Biologist, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 19 days ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research (CBMR) Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a Staff Scientist with a background in molecular b...
Grader (Bien 590 W24), McGill University, Canada, 12 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positi...