About the Single Cell Core
VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders. VIB scientists study the molecular mechanisms that regulate the functions of the human body, plants, and microorganisms. Such mechanistic research leads to innovative insights into the normal and abnormal/pathological life processes, with the potential to use these insights to develop novel therapeutics, diagnostics, agricultural applications, and technologies.
The Single Cell Core is a novel institutional set-up to provide access to different single-cell technologies at VIB. The core is the go-to place for all single cell-related services and currently, we are looking for a motivated core facility technician, to support our routine lab activities.
The successful candidate will support the service platform to accelerate ongoing single-cell research activities within the different VIB centers at Campus Gasthuisberg. As a team member of the Single Cell Core, you will support in exploring novel protocols and technologies in a diverse research context.
- You will be involved in the daily operations of microfluidics- and plate-based platforms for single-cell sequencing.
- You will help with the implementation of novel single-cell methods and techniques into robust service workflows.
- You will apply this skill set to a large extend in an independent manner to perform single-cell multi-omics experiments for different labs on a daily basis.
- You will perform instrument operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- You will apply nucleic acid analysis techniques to monitor library construction quality control.
- You are familiar with basic life-science techniques (such as cell culture, sequencing workflows, or flow cytometry).
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science or equivalent by experience.
- You have a service-oriented mindset
- You are meticulous, well-organized, flexible, proactive, and have a sense of responsibility.
- You possess strong and precise documentation and communication skills, necessary to ensure efficient and well-organized handling of simultaneous tasks and projects.
- You appreciate an international environment
- You have a critical, constructive mindset
- You are fluent in English, a prerequisite to support research and operations at VIB.
- You have basic computer skills.
- You are a great team player
- A full-time contract. Starting date: as soon as possible
- Attractive salary package and benefits
- The opportunity to develop expertise in single-cell technologies within a strong network of scientific collaborators
- The opportunity to be part of various research projects, apply a diverse methodological skillset, explore state-of-the-art technologies and work with a large variety of experimental systems.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, 2 references, and a brief motivation letter explaining why you are interested in working with single-cell applications within the VIB Core Facility program.
For more information or questions, please contact Niels Vandamme (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Suresh Kumar Poovathingal (email@example.com ).
Postdoc (3 Yr): Intracellular Notch Trafficking And Stem Cell Fate At The Grow Institute, Department Radiotherapy, Faculty Of Health, Medicine And Life Sciences, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Research topic The group of Marc Vooijs aims to unravel the tissue and context-specific regulation of Notch family proteins during normal tissue homeostasis and in cancer cells. Notch proteins are...
Mapping Single Cell Drug Responses In Glioblastoma Using A Multi Omics Approach, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 10 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-8) Laatst aangepast : 7/01/2022 The laboratory of Precision Cancer Medicine (www.LPCM.be) is a young team within the Translational Cell and Tissue Research Unit at the department of...
Project Scientists To Join The Superti Furga Lab At Ce Mm (M/F/D), Research Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM), ÖAW, Austria, 12 days ago
Do you want to be part of a very large multidisciplinary effort committed to understand human membrane transporters governing the interface between biological systems and the environment? We are l...
Mapping Single Cell Drug Responses In Glioblastoma Using A Multi Omics Approach, KU Leuven, Belgium, 11 days ago
Glioblastoma (GBM) remains the most malignant primary brain tumor. In spite of intensive treatment, current approaches are insufficiently effective to achieve major clinical benefits. GBM typicall...
Project Leader Qc Cellular Therapies, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Function description The Project Leader QC Cellular Therapies will join the Quality Control (QC) laboratory of the Hospital Pharmacy of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Our work and research is f...
Scientific Staff, Faculty of Life Sciences, Austria, 3 days ago
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications for a postdoc position. The candidate should have an excellent track record in cell biology/biotechnology to conduct current research...