VIB is a world-leading center in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovation and business. VIB is committed to driving the growth of the life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program (https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en ) is the institute's research infrastructure, offering access to cutting-edge technologies. It comprises 10 core facilities, each with specific technology expertise located in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels. These facilities support VIB's 1700 researchers with over 100 staff members.
The VIB Bioimaging Core in Leuven plans to add a motivated Microscopy Expert with experience in advanced light microscopy applications, in particular super resolution imaging, to their team (https://bioimagingcore-leuven.sites.vib.be/en). The experts consult, train, and collaborate with users for experimental design, image acquisition, and analysis, primarily in advanced light microscopy applications.
- Discuss experimental setup, including sample preparation, acquisition preferences and image analysis possibilities with users and colleagues
- Provide training for super-resolution (Airyscan, (lattice)SIM, (spt)PALM)
- Support scientist for advanced light microscopy applications
- Follow-up evolution of newly trained users
- Take part in immediate support permanency in the core
- Support in CLEM projects
- Master or Ph.D. in Biomedical or Biological Sciences or equivalent through experience
- Experience in confocal microscopy applications and image analysis is required
- Expertise in super-resolution microscopy, covering Structured Illumination Microscopy and Single-Molecule Localization Microscopy
- Mindset for supporting and enabling science of other research labs through offering of expertise
- Technology minded
- Team player with strong social, communication and didactic skills
- Well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Meticulous and self-motivated
- Accurate in compiling, documenting and reporting his/her work
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Good English skills, both oral and written
Desirable but not required
The following can be an asset:
- Experience in working in a microscopy core facility
- Experience in follow-up of life science research projects
- Interest/expertise in CLEM applications
- Stimulating international work environment in a great team
- In-house training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references
Light Microscopy Applications Specialist At Cfim (Core Facility For Integrated Microscopy), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 13 days ago
Applications are invited for a position as Light Microscopy applications specialist at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen,...
Microscopy Facility Manager For The Laboratory For Cell & Tissue Engineering, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Do you get satisfaction from getting, or helping others get, the most beautiful microscopy images? Are you excited to take microscopy works in mechanobiology and regenerative medicine research to ...
Head Of The Danish Bio Imaging Infrastructure Image Analysis Core Facility , University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 15 days ago
Applications are invited for the position as Head of the Danish BioImaging Infrastructure (DBI-INFRA) Image Analysis Core Facility to commence as soon as possible after April 1st 2024. DBI-INFRA w...
Microscopy Facility Manager For The Laboratory For Cell & Tissue Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Position Non academic staff (supporting staff) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.7241 Job description Do you get satisfaction from getting, or hel...
Scientist Postdoc (M/F/D) Bioimaging, Leibniz, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. develops efficient analytical methods for health research. Thus, it contributes to the improvement of the prevention, early diagn...
Developmental Biology Lab Technician, EPFL, Switzerland, 12 days ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...