imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer.
University of Antwerp – imec IDLab Research group
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, where you will work, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
For further development of the IDLab AI Applications program, we are looking for an AI project manager who facilitates and leads the ongoing research projects in the AI applications team. As a Manager / Researcher you are also expected to drive consortium building and research proposals in strategic research areas of AI applications team.
The AI Applications team aims to bring state-of-the-art machine learning methods to industry, bridging the gap between fundamental research and industrial applications. The team researches in areas such as data-driven modeling, large-scale simulation, deep learning and reinforcement learning to tackle real life problems. Our goal is to make AI safely and reliably applicable in industrial scenarios, where it should complement, enhance or replace the state of the art in complex control scenarios where current techniques fail to deliver. The team applies its AI solutions in domains such as chemical engineering, autonomous shipping, beyond-5G wireless communication, traffic management and logistics, in collaboration with key industry partners in their respective domains.
- You will be responsible for the management of one or more projects in the domain of machine learning with a strong focus on domains such as smart cities, data driven control, industry 4.0, logistics & mobility.
- You are able to translate the technical requirements of partners to technical challenges, and – together with researchers – define clear methodologies for addressing them.
- You follow up on progress within research projects and are able to communicate the work done to customers and adapt where needed.
- You lead a technical team going forward in implementing research projects.
- You have an affinity with research driven projects.
- You develop project proposals for the Horizon Europe Program and national projects, both in fundamental and collaborative programs.
- You interface and collaborate on a technical level with research partners from industry and academia.
- You will participate in the framework of European and national research projects (in collaboration with industry).
- You have a PhD preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent expertise in AI research.
- You have hands-on experience with machine learning projects.
- You have experience with managing and supervising team members.
- You consider yourself a machine learning expert. When someone asks: “Tensorflow or Pytorch?”, you feel the urge to jump into the discussion.
- You are able to explain the challenges of machine learning to a broad non-technical audience but also enjoy going really techy.
- You have experience with AI application domains such as smart cities, data driven control, industry 4.0, logistics & mobility.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
How to apply
Please apply using the application button on this webpage. Applications sent to us via email will not be considered.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Scientist / Program Manager Ai.Factory , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 16 minutes ago
26.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for a position as senior sci...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Stochastic Adaptive Control In Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 20 hours ago
As part of DTU Compute’s strategic focus on AI-driven digitalization research, the section for Dynamical Systems at DTU Compute is looking for a talented researcher for a position as Assistant Pro...
Tenure Track Position In Human Agent Interaction, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Are you an AI researcher and is your aim to research new AI techniques for human-agent interaction? Do you have a passion for teaching AI? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) would like to get ...
Research Engineers For The Wallenberg Research Arena For Media And Language , Umeå University, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Computing Science is a dynamic department with approximately 120 employees from more than 20 different countries. We provide education and research in a broad spectrum of the com...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Knowledge Informed Learning, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
We seek a new colleague who will contribute to our research on knowledge-informed learning in the Knowledge Representation and Reasoning group of our Computer Science department. You will teach co...
Amanuensis In Robotics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...