It is part of the assignment of the appointed candidate to develop, within the domain of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine an international, competitive research programme, to pursue excellent scientific results at an international level and to support and promote national and international research partnerships. The candidate must meet a strong research profile or have the potential to do so. In addition, the candidate is expected to have a multidisciplinary attitude and a willingness to cooperate intensively with other researchers and research units at KU Leuven: the research clusters within the Department of Development and Regeneration, other departments in the Groups of Biomedical Sciences and Science and Technology, clinical departments of UZ Leuven (gynaecology, pediatrics,…).
- Is an excellent, internationally oriented researcher and develops a research programme at the forefront in the field of basic stem cell biology, with a focus on disease modeling, such as, among others, liver and brain diseases.
- Strengthens existing research lines and brings complementary and/or additionally new expertise by working closely with the members of the research unit. Publishes at the highest scientific level in top-tier broad or stem cell biology topic-specific journals.
- Develops an own research group.
- Supervises master students, PhD students and postdocs at a high international level.
- Aims to acquire competitive research funding from national and/or international agencies and submits effective research project proposals for this purpose.
- Establishes both within KU Leuven, national and international partnerships in the context of the research programme.
- Strives for excellence in research and provides a contribution to the international research reputation of the Stem Cell and Developmental Biology cluster, the Department of Development and Regeneration and KU Leuven.
- Has a pronounced interest in fundamental research, but also pays attention to the valorization and applications of the stem cell research for disease modelling with translational perspectives.
Although the position regards a research professorship at the start of employment, the candidate is expected to gradually contribute to state of the art teaching.The candidate also contributes to the pedagogic project of the faculty/university. He/she develops teaching in accordance with KU Leuven’s vision on activating and research‐based education and makes use of the possibilities for the educational professionalization offered by the faculty and the university.The assignment of the candidate to be appointed also includes a teaching... For more information see https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/60031436
Research Technician Pluripotent Stem Cells / Beta Cells, Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The LUMC is one of the few centers in Europe that isolates insulin-producing Islets of Langerhans from donor pancreas. This is done for islet transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes and f...
Whole Genome And Rna Sequencing For Platelet Disorders, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 22 days ago
Platelets, the 2nd most abundant cell in the blood, play an essential role in cardiovascular disease. Inherited bleeding, thrombotic and platelet disorders are characterized by marked genetic hete...
Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist , University of Basel, Switzerland, 20 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist to analyse single cell genomics data and support IOB's ge...
Single Cell Technology Specialist @ Ghent And/Or Leuven, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
About VIB VIB is an excellence-based research institute dedicated to high-impact life sciences research and world-class technology transfer. VIB Scientists pursue basic molecular life-science rese...
Vib Technician In Plant Single Cell Biology, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
A lab technician position for plant single cell biology is available. Embedded within the Plant Single Cell Platform at the VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology, the successful candidate will prov...
Facility Leader, Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (‘Facs’) Scientific Core Facility, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 9 hours ago
MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducting ground-breaking biomedical research at the forefront of the current state-of-the-art. The institute has won several prizes for...