(ref. OZK-2020-121)Laatst aangepast : 16/10/2020
The department of electrical engineering (ESAT), Group Science and Technology, at KU Leuven is looking for a research expert in data collection and analytics for smart energy applications. The research expert will be part of the ELECTA research group, which participates in the EnergyVille research organization, and will actively contribute to the implementation and further development of the research roadmap on algorithms, models and optimization. Data-driven models and algorithms leverage the flexibility in energy supply and demand with the aim to better integrate renewable energy sources. In support of this data-driven research, ELECTA and EnergyVille continue to build up an IT infrastructure for data collection and analytics in smart energy applications.
You will take up the following responsibilities:
- set out the research direction of data collection and analytics for smart energy applications
- (co-)supervise the ongoing development and operations of the SmarThor data platform (data collection, data storage, data provisioning, data visualization, …)
- support the design and development of data-driven algorithms and models for energy management systems and markets
- transfer small-scale, conceptual proof-of-concept implementations (basic research) to larger-scale, production deployments (applied research)
- follow-up on the state-of-the-art on data and software engineering for data-driven energy applications
- (co-)management of research projects and development of research project proposals
- (co-)develop and monitor the EnergyVille research roadmap on algorithms, models and optimization
- supervise and collaborate with PhD researchers and master thesis students
- contribute to publications as well as independent publishing
- organize and coordinate a smart energy data team within EnergyVille
This is your profile:
- PhD in computer science or electrical engineering with at least 10 years of research experience (incl. PhD)
- relevant expertise in IT systems and computer science:
software engineering for distributed systems: e.g. Cloud and IoT technologies
data engineering and data science tools and concepts
- proven experience in digital energy systems: operation and control, energy markets, regulatory affairs, etc.
- able to independently complete research, from proposal formulation to project execution
- good networking, communication and presentation skills, both in Dutch and English
We offer you a full-time position in the category of research management staff.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Geert Deconinck, tel.: +32 16 32 11 26, mail: email@example.com.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Professor Of "Robotics & Data For Geo Energy", King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 22 hours ago
We seek a candidate with strong expertise in sensors/robotics/data applied to geoenergy needs (oil& gas, geothermal, CO2 sequestration). The candidate will focus on one or more of the following ar...
Professor Of "Materials For The Geo Energy Sector", King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 22 hours ago
We seek a candidate who is an expert in Novel engineered materials relevant to subsurface needs for the energy sector, including Materials and processes in the subsurface under extreme P-T-stress-...
R1 Project Engineer / Researcher – Plural Project, FUNDACIO INSTITU DE RECERCA EN ENERGIA DE CATALUNYA, Spain, 13 days ago
Publish date November 10th 2020 Ref. 48/2020 Code: 958218 Project: PLURAL Area: Energy Efficiency in Systems, Buildings and Communities Area Area leader: Group: Thermal Energy and Building Perfor...
Researcher, INESC TEC, Portugal, 26 days ago
Job reference: AE2020-0202 ( BATERIAS2030 - CPES ) City: Porto Research field: Main: ENGINEERING Sub: Computer engineering INESC TEC is accepting applications for 1 job in the Development of predi...
Professor Of “Data Science For Energy Engineering”, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 2 days ago
We seek a candidate in the area of applying data science and applied mathematics towards designing advanced thermal energy systems and industrial processes. The candidate should have demonstrated ...
Special Scientist (Research) University Of Cyprus, Foss Research Centre For Sustainable Energy, University of Cyprus, Cyprus, 27 days ago
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-11 The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special ...