(ref. OZK-2020-121)Laatst aangepast : 16/10/2020
The department of electrical engineering (ESAT), Group Science and Technology, at KU Leuven is looking for a research expert in data collection and analytics for smart energy applications. The research expert will be part of the ELECTA research group, which participates in the EnergyVille research organization, and will actively contribute to the implementation and further development of the research roadmap on algorithms, models and optimization. Data-driven models and algorithms leverage the flexibility in energy supply and demand with the aim to better integrate renewable energy sources. In support of this data-driven research, ELECTA and EnergyVille continue to build up an IT infrastructure for data collection and analytics in smart energy applications.
You will take up the following responsibilities:
- set out the research direction of data collection and analytics for smart energy applications
- (co-)supervise the ongoing development and operations of the SmarThor data platform (data collection, data storage, data provisioning, data visualization, …)
- support the design and development of data-driven algorithms and models for energy management systems and markets
- transfer small-scale, conceptual proof-of-concept implementations (basic research) to larger-scale, production deployments (applied research)
- follow-up on the state-of-the-art on data and software engineering for data-driven energy applications
- (co-)management of research projects and development of research project proposals
- (co-)develop and monitor the EnergyVille research roadmap on algorithms, models and optimization
- supervise and collaborate with PhD researchers and master thesis students
- contribute to publications as well as independent publishing
- organize and coordinate a smart energy data team within EnergyVille
This is your profile:
- PhD in computer science or electrical engineering with at least 10 years of research experience (incl. PhD)
- relevant expertise in IT systems and computer science:
software engineering for distributed systems: e.g. Cloud and IoT technologies
data engineering and data science tools and concepts
- proven experience in digital energy systems: operation and control, energy markets, regulatory affairs, etc.
- able to independently complete research, from proposal formulation to project execution
- good networking, communication and presentation skills, both in Dutch and English
We offer you a full-time position in the category of research management staff.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Geert Deconinck, tel.: +32 16 32 11 26, mail: email@example.com.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Associate Professor In Automatic Control And Monitoring In Offshore Energy Systems, Processes And Robots, Aalborg University, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology, a position as "Associate Professor in automatic control and monitoring in offshore energy systems, processes and ro...
Funded Early Stage Researcher Under The H2020 Msca Itn Gecko Project In The Field Of Energy Data..., PLEGMA LABS, Greece, 2 days ago
Plegma Labs (https://plegmalabs.com ) is seeking to hire a motivated Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) for a three-year full-time paid contract for the GECKO MSCA-ITN project under the HORIZON 2020 cal...
Assistant Professor In Electrical Energy Engineering, University of Trento, Italy, 8 days ago
The Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering of the University of Trento invites candidates active in Electrical Energy Engineering to apply for a position at the Assistant Pr...
Special Scientist (Research),University Of Cyprus, Foss Research Centre For Sustainable Energy, University of Cyprus, Cyprus, about 13 hours ago
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-13 The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus, announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special ...
Assistant Professor In Offshore Dynamic Systems, Aalborg University, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology, Esbjerg section, a position as Assistant Professor in Offshore Dynamic Systems is open for appointment from 1.st of Marc...
Master Thesis: Methods And Tools For Multi Energy System Simulation, Jülich Research Centre (FZJ), Germany, 25 days ago
Work group: IEK-10 - Modellierung von Energiesystemen Area of research: Diploma & Master Thesis Starting date: 1608216131 Contract time limit: 1608216131 Job description: IEK-10 focuses on the opt...