(ref. OZK-2020-23)Laatst aangepast : 24/03/2020
The Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography group (COSIC) belongs to the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT), Group Science and Technology; it was founded in 1978 and counts about 90 members who perform fundamental, applied and contract research in the area of cryptology and information security. Because of the extended expertise in discrete mathematics, cryptology, hard-and software implementations and network and computer systems, the group is able to adopt an integrated approach to problem solving, which has led to important successes. Through a long history of participation in European projects; COSIC gained thorough experience in privacy-enhancing technologies, identity management, and the design and analysis of cryptographic algorithms, protocols and architectures. COSIC is now looking for a Research Expert in order to be able to respond to the need for applied cryptography and more in particular cryptographic protocols focusing on the areas of the Internet of Things (secure ranging and distance bounding, key agreement protocols), privacy-preserving biometric authentication and privacy-friendly machine learning. You will work closely with the professors, researchers and administrative support and you will coordinate with KU Leuven Research and Development (LRD) and with imec.
- You will contribute to the strategic research plan of the research group COSIC and its translation into operational goals.
- You will perform fundamental and applied research in the area of cryptographic protocols.
- You are responsible for supervising researchers and are able to create an excellent working atmosphere and stimulate creativity.
- You will acquire a solid expertise in national and international research programs and will closely follow calls for proposals.
- You will discuss the management, administrative and technical aspects of projects with funding organizations and project partners.
- You are responsible for the reporting of the progress and the results of projects.
- You contribute to the acquisition and management of new financial resources.
- You actively seek collaboration with industry and academia through collaborative projects.
- You develop and maintain a multidisciplinary and international network.
- You have a PhD or equivalent research expertise in applied cryptography with a strong publication track record.
- You have experience with project management and coaching of young researchers.
- You have high-level research experience in applied cryptology, with a focus on cryptographic protocols for the Internet of Things, privacy-preserving biometric authentication and privacy-friendly machine learning.
- You have more than 5 years of experience after your PhD.
- You are creative and enthusiastic, you have a strong commitment to research and valorisation.
We offer a permanent position as research expert in a stimulating, interdisciplinary scientific environment, as part of a leading international and dynamic research team.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Bart Preneel, tel.: +32 16 32 11 48, mail: email@example.com.
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Research Assistant, Electrical And Electronic Engineering/Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
A Research Assistant position is currently available in the Temasek Laboratories@NTU. Job Responsibilities Efficient software and hardware implementation, and benchmarking of post-quantum cryptogr...
Post Doctoral Researcher, University of Gdańsk, Poland, 15 days ago
About the QuantEra project: Current state-of-the art quantum-assisted cryptography provides safety beyond what can be achieved with current classical technologies. Yet still, its safety is at ques...
Senior Post Doc, University of Gdańsk, Poland, 12 days ago
Doctor Assistant Rehabilitation Sciences And Physiotherapy Specialized In Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Hasselt University, Belgium, 6 days ago
The Rehabilitation Sciences of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f) doctor-assistant Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy - specialized in musculoskeletal rehabilitation Background The candidate ...
Research Associate In Resilient Computing Systems, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 24 days ago
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding researchers at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust(SnT). SnT is a centre carrying out interdisciplinary research...
Research..., University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 4 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding Research (and Development) ...