We are looking for a motivated, new colleague with a scientific background or keen interest in science to join the VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) core administrative team as our regulatory & communications officer.
We are looking for a candidate who will govern the central organisation of the regulatory affairs related to ethics in clinial trials & animal experimentation and who will take care of our communication. You will develop and incorporate pipelines in our center’s day-to-day organisation in close collaboration with the center’s operations manager.
You will support the research groups regulatory administration related to clinical trial ethics, GDPR, biobanking, business development and animal experimentation.
- You will manage the bilateral communication between CCB and UZ/KU Leuven bio bank; UZ Leuven Clinical Trial Center & VIB business development (BD). In this function you will follow-up on the Belgian legislation related to biobanking, GDPR & human trials and the specific implementation of that legislation at KU Leuven & UZ Leuven.
- You will function as the CCB central information point on animal experimentation. In this role you will follow up on the University and Belgian legislation on animal experimentation and represent CCB in focus groups working on the reduction and replacement.
- You will incorporate the existing administrative pipelines of the UZ Leuven/KU Leuven on human trials and animal experimentation in the Center’s day-to-day organization and advise the research groups of CCB during the preparation of their applications for such experiments.
You will be the communication officer for all internal and external public relations:
- You will actively maintain CCB’s social accounts and website
- You will be involved in the organization of our own socials events and be the Center’s liaison for VIB internal and outreach events
- You will actively communicate with charity foundations (e.g. Kom op tegen Kanker) and support the Center’s participation in their events
Profile and skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, well organized and dynamic candidate with a high level of independence and creative thinking.
- You hold a master or a PhD in the Life Sciences, Engineering, Biology or equivalent. Preferably with knowledge and interest in cancer biology.
- You must have good, open communication skills and are willing to support the research groups at CCB.
- You thrive as a team player and have a problem-resolving mentality
- Fluent in Dutch & English, both oral and written, is mandatory.
- The interactions with many different partners requires very good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in communication aspects in science and biomedical research, in particular the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin) is a plus.
- A dynamic and challenging research work environment where quality, professionalism and team spirit are encouraged
- The possibility to take part in a professional network (academic, clinical and industrial) in a national and international setting
- The opportunity to be part of an international, skilled and dynamic team and provide a meaningful contribution to oncological research
- An open-ended contract
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include:
- A detailed CV, including a list of your scientific publications
- An elaborate cover letter describing your motivation
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For more information, please contact Michael Dewaele (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VIB is an entrepreneurial and vibrant non-profit research institute in Flanders-Belgium with a clear focus on ground breaking research in life sciences. The VIB-KULeuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) (https://www.vibcancer.be) , is one of the research departments of VIB located at the University Hospital Campus in Leuven, Belgium. CCB hosts 11 research groups and represents about 200 international researchers, administrative and technical collaborators. The focus of the CCB is to unravel the molecular basis of cancer, and whenever suitable, exploit these insights to develop novel therapeutic or diagnostic strategies.
Research Expert Clinical Translation Of Smart Surgical Instruments And Robotic Technology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
(ref. OZK-2022-25) Laatst aangepast : 13/09/2022 The Robot Assisted Surgery (RAS) and Smart Instrumentation (SI) research groups , part of Groep T at KU Leuven (Science and Technology Group) devel...
Agile Surgical Robotics Featuring Embodied Intelligence Based On Local Sensing, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2022-694) Laatst aangepast : 3/10/2022 The successful applicant will become part of the Robot Assisted Surgery (RAS) group (http://www.mech.kuleuven.be/en/pma/research/ras) and the Smart...
A Managerial Function Using New Advanced Preclinical Imaging Modalities?, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-196) Laatst aangepast : 12/09/2022 The work to be performed is linked to the research group "NanoHealth and Optical Imaging" at the Faculty of Medicine (KU Leuven, Belgium). This re...
Professor In Computer Science: Human Computer Interaction, KU Leuven, Belgium, 11 days ago
We offer a full-time employment in an intellectually stimulating environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied s...
Professor In Hybrid Structures, KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
We offer full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment.KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scie...
Fructans In The Tree Of Life: From Structure To Function, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-703) Laatst aangepast : 19/09/2022 The Van den Ende lab (Lab of Molecular Plant Biology, KU Leuven, Belgium), Sugar Metabolism team (https://bio.kuleuven.be/mb/wv), specialized in f...