N-Fix, one of the first startups selected for the biotope by the VIB incubator, aims to solve one of the major sustainability challenges of livestock farming: an excess of manure. We’re developing innovative technology that utilizes excess manure to create a bioactive growing substrate for plants. We’ve successfully demonstrated our proof-of-concept and are now ready to begin application testing.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join our team. As a key member of our company, you will be a major contributor to shaping the future and culture of our company.
You will become responsible for the experimental design, planning and execution of the laboratory and greenhouse experiments, to demonstrate the efficacy of our novel bio-active growing substrates. You will ensure experiments are performed efficiently and correctly and milestones are met on time. Additionally, you will be involved in discussions with academia and industry to shape and write grants and research projects.
The right candidate combines their expertise with a willingness to learn and thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- You hold a Ph.D. in Plant Biology, Physiology, Agronomy, Soil Microbiology, or a related field or a Master in aforementioned fields with 5 years of experience
- You can show solid hands-on technical and experimental lab experience
- You are keen to learn/develop new techniques, expand knowledge and take on responsibilities
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) is mandatory, Dutch is a plus
- You have expertise in grant writing
- You have evidence of strong project management skills
- You are an enthusiastic and social person with fluent presentation skills
- You can work both independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team
- You have an eye for detail, work accurately and have a great sense of responsibility
- A dynamic, international, and exciting working environment with excellent perspectives for the future.
- An open-ended contract with the possibility to start immediately
- Competitive salary depending on your experience level
- You are based at VIB Agro-incubator, situated in Deinze (near Ghent) in Belgium.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Make sure your application includes:
- A detailed CV
- A brief motivation letter
The first review of applications will start immediately. Applications are welcome until the position is filled. For more information about this function, you can contact Emile Redant (+32 478 690 701; Emile.Redant@N-Fix.be ).
Business Development Manager, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Description Are you passionate about life sciences valorisation? Are you ready to make a real impact by translating the inventions of our world-class scientists into applications in the field of L...
Group Leader In Cancer Immunology, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Description VIB is an entrepreneurial and vibrant non-profit research institute in Flanders-Belgium with a clear focus on groundbreaking research in life sciences. More than 1500 scientists and te...
Research Associate In Cancer Research, VIB, Belgium, 4 days ago
About VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology VIB is a life sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. We perform basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific resu...
Digital Production Officer, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
The VIB Communications & Events team coordinates VIB's communication strategy and ensures the worldwide visibility of the institute's successes, activities, and people. This communication strategy...
Ict Solution Architect, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Context VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates...
Technology Transfer Manager, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 9 days ago
24 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Research...