VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders.
VIB scientists study the molecular mechanisms that regulate the functions of the human body, plants, and microorganisms. Such mechanistic research leads to innovative insights into the normal and abnormal/pathological life processes, with the potential to use these insights to develop novel therapeutics, diagnostics, agricultural applications, and technologies.
The Computational Omics and Systems Biology (CompOmics) group of Prof. Dr. Lennart Martens, located at the VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology (CMB) in Ghent, Belgium, focuses on the analysis and integration of high-throughput life sciences data. The neighboring lab of Prof. Dr. Francis Impens investigates host-bacteria interactions by mass spectrometry-based approaches. Together, both groups are looking for an engaged project manager to coordinate a Horizon Europe project with nine partners, focused on the development of innovative mRNA vaccines against bacterial pathogens.
Both groups are very internationally oriented and have strong publication and funding track records. The groups offer an open, highly dynamic, and challenging but fun working environment, in which teamwork, initiative, and originality are stimulated and appreciated.
- General oversight of the project’s research activities as carried out at the different partner institutes
- Reporting on project progress to the EU, based on partner input and with respect to the project’s deliverables and milestones, and their timelines
- Act as a point of contact for project-related questions, both internal (e.g. EU project officer, consortium scientists, and their admin) and external (e.g. other researchers, media, and press)
- Planning and organization of project consortium meetings
- Maintaining the project website content and coordinating social media communication
- Report and communicate on ongoing business to the VIB management, VIB grants office, and the scientific community
- You have a degree in a relevant field such as (bio)medical sciences, biology, informatics, statistics, mathematics, (bio-)engineering), Ph.D. level, or similar by experience.
- Background in life science research.
- Prior experience in managing multi-stakeholder scientific projects is considered an advantage
- Team player with excellent networking, communication, and people management skills
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Diplomatic approach to coordination, and willing and able to take on a leading role in the project management
- Good English skills, both oral and written
- A 5-year contract. The position will be Ghent-based, but occasional trips to collaborating labs and consortium meetings will be required.
- A professional and stimulating working environment
- An extensive network of (inter)national contacts
- Various opportunities to broaden your expertise and develop your career
- A compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Comprehensive social security, including pension scheme and health care program
How to apply?
We are looking for candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to VIB’s commitment to diversity and excellence.
Please direct inquiries about the position and suggestions of potential candidates to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications must be submitted online via Jobsoid. Please, provide your CV, 2 reference contacts, and a motivation letter.
Program Development Officer For Mission Lucidity, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
(ref. OZK-2023-4) Laatst aangepast : 2/03/2023 Mission Lucidity is a unique multidisciplinary partnership between four institutes in Leuven, Belgium: * KU Leuven: Europe's most innovative universi...
Doctoral Student In Energy Sciences With Focus On Thermoacoustics And Jet Engine Combustion (Pa2023/650) , University of Lund, Sweden, 1 day ago
Subject and project description In the European Defense Fund (EDF) financed project NEUMANN, which involves 41 participating organizations from 9 EU countries, new knowledge is to be developed for...
Fachbereich Mathematik Und Informatik Institut Für Informatik Ultra Sec Profes. Wunder, Margraf2 Positions Research Assistance (Praedoc) (M/F/D) Full Time Job Limited To 28.02.2025 (Subject To Authorization) Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Kennung: Wi Mi Ultra Sec Bewerbungsende: 27.03.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Cybersecurity and AI Group (former Heisenberg Communications and Information Theory Group) at Freie Universität Berlin, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, is directed by Prof. Dr...
Young Graduate Trainee In Cloud Based Operational Systems Integration , European Space Agency, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Young Graduate Opportunity in the Directorate of Operations ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environmen...
Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning Advisor, University Centers For Career Development, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Reports to: Chief of Party Purpose: The job holder is responsible for strategically enhancing the overall accountability and transparency of the University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) ...
Biomedical Engineer , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
University Children's Hospital Zurich Biomedical Engineer ca. 70% As part of an interdisciplinary project between research groups of the ETH and the University of Zurich, a novel biomedical device ...