VIB is hiring a Program manager Translational research to lead the Grand Challenges program. The Grand Challenges Program is a translational research program that aims to increase the societal impact of VIB's research. By teaming up with experts outside VIB who have complementary expertise, our researchers generate new, otherwise untapped avenues to create added value for society.
The position is based at the VIB headquarters in Ghent and reports to the Head of Science Policy.
VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders.
- Safeguard the strategy and objectives of the Program and align with the requirements defined in the management agreement with the government
- Lead the Grand Challenges team (two project managers and an administrative assistant) and coordinate the team’s activities with respect to the project portfolio management, budgeting, regulatory compliance and data management, impact monitoring, reporting, outreach, and multistakeholder activities
- Engage with VIB and external scientists on scientific project plans, helping to shape the proposals
- Prepare project steering committee meetings (quarterly)
- Interact with other units at VIB such as Communication and Innovation & Business, and with the other members of Science Policy
- Liaise with initiatives relevant to translational research such as academic hospitals, translational research organizations and the partner universities
- Build a network for VIB and act as a spokesperson for VIB in the space of translational research
- Lead VIB’s effort to ensure continuity and funding for the Grand Challenge Program
- Support the project management of the Horizon Europe B-Trust project that aims to develop a transparent and inclusive methodology for trust-building measures to improve the uptake of biotechnological innovations in the bio-based and agri-food sector.
Your profile and competencies and how they match the job
- PhD in Life sciences
- Sound project management skills
- Experience in clinical research, clinical trial management or clinical innovation is a great plus (including knowledge on the regulatory/legal framework)
- Experience in impact assessment or scientific evaluation is a plus
- Able to work with Key Opinion Leaders and review panels
- Strong interpersonal management skills
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.
What we offer
- A chance to contribute to an institute that values innovation and collaboration, and a programme that has a major impact on society
- An attractive salary package with extra benefits
- A smart working environment in our state-of-the-art head office (move in January 2024)
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their candidacy through the VIB online application tool.
Three Open Group Leader And Professor Positions: Ai In Biology, VIB, Belgium, 27 days ago
31 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company VIB Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Belgium Application Deadline 29 Feb 2024 - 00:00 (UTC) Ty...
Temporary Research Associate Hasan Kurban, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Temporary Research Associate - Hasan Kurban Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus RVACANT Proposed Minimum Salary $17.31 hourly Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Tempor...
Research Associate Harris Rabbani, Texas A&M University, United States, 25 days ago
Job Title Research Associate-Harris Rabbani Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus RVACANT Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Staff Job Descrip...
Temporary Research Associate Erchin Serpedin, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Temporary Research Associate - Erchin Serpedin Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus RVACANT Proposed Minimum Salary $17.31 hourly Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Tem...
M Psi/02 Psychobiology And Physiological Psychology, Università degli Studi G. D'Annunzio, Italy, 21 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli Studi G. D'Annunzio Department Neuroscienze, Imaging e Scienze Cliniche Research Field Psychological sciences » Psychology Research...
M Fil 03 Moral Philosophy, Università degli Studi G. D'Annunzio, Italy, 21 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli Studi G. D'Annunzio Department Scienze Filosofiche Pedagogiche ed Economico-Quantitative Research Field Philosophy » Philosophy of ...