5 Dec 2023
- Research Field
Economics » Health economics
- Researcher Profile
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
14 Mar 2024 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- You are an ambitious, internationally oriented researcher who focuses on the societal challenges related to the financing and organization of the healthcare system. The emphasis is on research themes that include, among others, the development and (international) comparison of healthcare systems with a focus on affordable, efficient, and accessible care, healthcare organization models, efficiency and performance measurement of healthcare systems, innovative financing models, affordability of care, design and effects of patient payments, optimal insurance functioning, use of financial incentives in healthcare provision, outcome-based reimbursement/payment, integrated care, and other research themes that are central to the study of the organization and financing of the healthcare system.
- You publish your research in leading international journals.
- You succeed in translating your research findings towards a broader audience
- You work in a data-driven manner and have the necessary quantitative and qualitative research skills and methods.
- You know how to secure research funding and establish collaborations within and outside the department, as well as at regional, national, and international levels.
- You strive for excellence in your research and thus contribute to the reputation of KU Leuven and the Department of Public Health and Primary Care.
- You will develop a number of teaching assignments related to the organization and financing of healthcare in programs such as the Master in Healthcare Management and Policy, the Master in Nursing and Midwifery, or other programs within the Biomedical Sciences Group.
- You have a leadership, coordinating, and inspiring role in the further development of various course components and curricula.
- You supervise both master's theses, post-master's theses, and doctoral theses.
- Your teaching meets the requirements of academic programs in terms of level, orientation, and academic focus and aligns with the educational philosophy of KU Leuven. A commitment to the overall quality of the education is evident.
- You provide scientific advice related to the organization and financing of healthcare to regional, national, and international partners and networks when necessary.
- You eventually take up policy responsibilities within KU Leuven and contribute to the visibility of the department from local to international levels.
- You develop a network of contacts within the healthcare sector that adds value to your research and/or education.
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- We offer a full-time academic appointment in an intellectually stimulating environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that conducts both fundamental and applied scientific research. It has a strong interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary focus and strives for international excellence. It actively collaborates with research partners both domestically and internationally. The university provides its students with academic education based on high-level scientific research.
- You will be working in Leuven, a historic yet dynamic and vibrant city in the center of Belgium, just twenty minutes from Brussels, the capital of the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London, and Amsterdam.
- Depending on your qualifications and profile, you will be appointed to one of the ranks of independent academic staff: assistant professor, associate professor, professor, or full professor. Junior researchers are typically appointed as tenure-track lecturers for a period of 5 years. Afterward, subject to a positive evaluation, they are permanently appointed as associate professors.
- Holders of external postdoctoral fellowships may be asked to finish their fellowships first.
- KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, partner career coaching,…
To facilitate scientific onboarding and accelerate research in the first phase a starting grant of 110.000 euro is offered to new professors without substantial other funding, appointed for at least 50%.
- You hold a doctoral degree in a relevant academic discipline for this position (health economics, sociology, management, health policy, public administration, etc.).
- You have significant and demonstrable research experience in the field of healthcare organization and financing. Research quality should be evident through recent publications in international peer-reviewed journals. You also have international research experience.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the Belgian healthcare system or are willing to immerse yourself in it.
- You have strong teaching skills and preferably have demonstrable teaching experience. You possess the necessary communication and organizational skills, and you are a team player.
- Proficiency in English is required. The official language used at KU Leuven is Dutch. If you do not speak Dutch (or do not speak it well) at the start of employment, KU Leuven will provide language training to enable you to take part in meetings. Before teaching courses in Dutch or English, you will be given the opportunity to learn Dutch, respectively English, to the required standard.
KU Leuven places great importance on scientific integrity, ethical conduct, and integrity, and upon hiring, you will be asked to sign a declaration in this regard.
You can apply for this job no later than 14/03/2024 via the online application tool
- Number of offers available
- KU Leuven
- Vlaams Brabant
- Postal Code
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Research Technician – Vib Ku Leuven Laboratory For Immunology Of Metastatic Ecosystems, VIB, Belgium, 4 days ago
The Laboratory for Immunology of Metastatic Ecosystems is looking for a full-time research technician to assist us with our experimental efforts. We are a young and diverse lab embedded within the...
Business Development Manager Microbiology, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Description Are you passionate about life sciences valorisation? Are you ready to make a real impact by translating the inventions of our world-class scientists into applications in the field of L...
Business Process Expert – Vib Technologies, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
VIB is a world-leading center in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovati...
Lecturer In Global Arts, Culture And Politics , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 8 days ago
You will be working at the Arts and Culture department within the Cultural Studies capacity group, which is responsible for the Global Arts, Culture and Politics BA. You can find the full curricul...
Projectcontroller, University of Twente, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Assistant Professor International Business (Career Track: Education Profile) (0,8–1,0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Organisation Job description The Department of Global Economics & Management in the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Groningen (Netherlands) is looking for a new Assistant Professo...