- Your primary objective would be a focused research project. The topic of your research will be phylogenetics of pawpaw and related species (Asimina, Annonaceae) and the evolution of floral characters. The project will involve field studies in the USA in collaboration with the US supervisor, focusing on tissue collection and pollinator observation. The phylogenetics of Asimina will involve targeted enrichment of nuclear loci and coalescence-based analyses.
- You will assist in the supervision of master and PhD students working on similar topics.
Profile of the candidate
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a PhD degree in systematic and evolutionary botany or a similar relevant field.
- You are passionate about applying novel approaches to the integration of phylogenetics and organismal traits
- You have a range of skills, ranging from fieldwork to laboratory work and bioinformatics.
- You have a competitive publication record and a passion for science writing.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer a collaborative and inclusive laboratory environment and encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- We offer you a two-year appointment.
- We support the application for additional funding with Belgian funding agencies.
- Your appointment will start on 1 May 2020 at the earliest.
How to apply
Application submission deadline is 28 February 2020.
Review of applications will start immediately thereafter.
Please send you application to Prof. Lars Chatrou (email@example.com). Your application must include the following documents:
- your cv and an overview of your study results
- your application letter
- a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Lars Chatrou (lars.chatrou@UGent.be , +32 9 264 50 14) or Dr. Kate Goodrich (firstname.lastname@example.org , +1 610 499 10 86)
Assistant (15235) Department Of Accounting, Corporate Finance And Taxation (# Of Pos: 2), Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
→ Apply until 09/06/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Economics and Business Administration → Department EB22 - Department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation → AAP tempora...
Postdoctoral Researcher (14985) Telecommunications And Information Processing, Ghent University, Belgium, about 1 month ago
→ Solliciteren tot 11/05/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Engineering and Architecture → Vakgroep: TW07 - Telecommunicatie en Informatieverwerking → Tewerkstellingspercentage: 100%...
Postdoctoral Researcher (15255) Electronics And Information Systems, Ghent University, Belgium, 24 days ago
→ Apply before June 30th 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Department: TW06 → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of positions: 1 → Type of employment: definite duration → Term of assignment: 1 year → Wa...
Post Doctoral Assistant (15245) Food Technology, Safety And Health, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
→ Apply until 23/06/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Bioscience Engineering → Department BW23 - Food Technology, Safety and Health → AAP temporary appointment - 100% → Number of o...
Assistant (15236) Communication Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
→ Apply until 26/05/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Political and Social Sciences → Department PS01 - Communication Sciences → AAP temporary appointment - 100% → Number of openin...
Assistant (15087) Department Of Internal Medicine And Pediatrics, Ghent University, Belgium, 26 days ago
→ Apply until 26/05/2020 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences → Department GE35 - Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics → AAP temporary appointment - 10...