About the lab
LMCB, the Laboratory for Molecular Cancer Biology (https://vib.be/labs/marine-lab) headed by Professor Jean-Christophe Marine, is located on the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Belgium, and part of the VIB Center for Cancer Biology and KU Leuven department of Oncology.
We are a dynamic research team leveraging cutting-edge technologies to better understand melanoma biology. We have a particular interest in intra-tumor heterogeneity and its link to therapy resistance & metastatic dissemination. The implementation of single-cell technologies and the integration of single-cell multi-omics, including spatial/imaging, datasets are revolutionizing cancer research. We apply these technologies routinely in our lab and have generated large and unique datasets. We are now looking for a post-doctoral researcher to integrate our bio-informatics team and exploit these rich datasets.
You will be involved in the analysis and data management of single-cell (sc)RNAseq and scATACseq data from various ongoing academic and industrial projects, including the VIB Grand Challenge project POINTILLISM(https://vib.be/grand-challenges-program/personalized-immunotherapy-cancer-patients). You will also be developing your own project(s) on the interpretation and analyses of spatial multi-omics (transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics) datasets.
Good communication skills and a collaborative spirit will be required to integrate our research team, which includes technical staff, graduate and Ph.D. students, and postdocs.
We are looking for a computational biologist who is highly motivated, well-organized, and dynamic with a high level of independence and creative thinking:
- Ph.D. with a topic in one of the following areas: statistics, bioinformatics, or computational biology in a field of (cancer) immunology, molecular biology, or similar.
- A broad bioinformatics experience with good working knowledge in genomics and transcriptomics/pathway biology / (cancer) immunology and deep scientific expertise in next-generation sequencing technologies and (statistical) data analysis. Experience in single-cell sequencing and interest in spatial transcriptomics and proteomics data analysis is mandatory.
- Working proficiency in popular programming languages such as R or Python.
- Fluency in the analysis of large datasets and Linux-based high-performance computing environments.
- A proven and successful publication track record in this field.
- High intrinsic motivation and a strong scientific curiosity.
- Ability to be inventive and to present novel ideas in method development, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Team player that can work independently in a multidisciplinary (international) team
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude
- Experience in working with deadlines and being involved in multiple projects
- Duration: full-time contract of one year with the possibility for extensions. You are stimulated to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- (Early) access to state-of-the-art technologies.
- A stimulating (international, multidisciplinary) research environment where quality, professionalism, and team spirit are encouraged.
- The ability to work on scientifically exceptional and high-impact, state-of-the-art projects.
- The opportunity to be part of a young and dynamic team and to provide a meaningful contribution to genetic and oncological research.
- The University of Leuven is one of the most innovative universities in Europe. Leuven is located 20 min. from Brussels, in the center of Europe.
The position is available from November 1st, 2021.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include
- A presentation letter describing your motivation
- A full CV including contact details, a list of your publication
- Contacts for further references
For more information please contact Joanna Pozniak (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Postdoc In Single Cell Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 16 hours ago
The “Chromatin Biochemistry” laboratory of Prof. Wolfgang Fischle at KAUST invites applications for a Postdoc position in “Single Cell Analysis of Metabolome-Epigenome Interplay”. Our research tea...
Postdoctoral Position (Biologist) To Study Tumor States During Cancer Progression, Metastasis And..., Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 7 days ago
Our laboratory is studying the mechanisms regulating stem cells and tumor heterogeneity (See recent publications: Sánchez-Danés Nature 2016, Latil, Cell Stem Cell 2017, Sánchez-Danés Nature 2018, ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Cancer Immunology And Stem Cell Engineering, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, Laos, 6 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: School of Biomedical Sciences (22600) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in Cancer Immunology & St...
Young Doctor (Post Doc) Car Net, Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Poland, 26 days ago
Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine in Warsaw, Poland, offers a Young Doctor (postdoctoral) position in the Medical Research Agency CAR-NET project “Polish Chimeric Antigen Receptor T...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Computational Systems Biology At Cic Bio Gune, Center for Cooperative Research in Biosciences (CIC bioGUNE), Spain, 13 days ago
The Computational Biology Group at CIC bioGUNE seeks a highly skilled and motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on an exciting project that aims at developing single-cell based computational m...
Postdoctoral Position In Single Cell Analysis Of Cell Differentiation In Vivo (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
The Van den Heuvel lab invites applications for a postdoctoral research position in Developmental Biology. The focus of the project will be to reveal the regulatory logic of cellular decision maki...