→ Apply before 03/08/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Sciences
→ Department: WE09 - Plantenbiotechnologie en Bio-informatica
→ Occupancy rate: 100%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
→ Term of assignment: 1 year
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
100% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
The aim of your research is to deepen our understanding of the intricate gene regulatory network controlling the final stages of programmed cell death (PCD) in the root cap of the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana.
Focusing on transcription factors, you will identify novel key regulators of root cap PCD, and functionally analyze them in detail. You will achieve this by combining single-cell transcriptome profiling with forward and reverse genetics. Advanced cell biology and live cell imaging will be a central part of this project to characterize the functions of the identified transcription factors in root cap PCD.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate (obtained max. 6 years ago. This term of 6 years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma), in the field of biochemistry and biotechnology, biology, or bioscience engineering
- You have experience with molecular plant biology and genetics. You have experience with CRISPR/Cas9.
- You have experience with the design of T-DNA vectors and with DNA sequencing methods.
- You have a good understanding of molecular-biology methods.
- You have outstanding skills in plant cell biology and microscopic imaging of plant cells.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills and are a good team player.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of 1 year.
- Your contract will start on 18/10/2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1 to PD4. Click here for more information about our salary scales .
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment systembefore the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. Nowack (Moritz.Nowack@UGent.be , +32 (0)9/3313852). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ .
Postdoc Position In Myogenic Differentiation Of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells In, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
(ref. BAP-2022-674) Laatst aangepast : 3/10/2022 The Yilmaz laboratory has an overarching aim of enhancing the regenerative capacity of human skeletal muscle and finding treatments for a vast arra...
Hi Wi/Student Researcher In Bioinformatics (Single Cell Genomics) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
14.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Single cell genomics is revolutionizing biology and medicine. Rapid technological advances now allow the profiling of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes...
3 Year Post Doctoral Researcher Position In Plant Regeneration, VIB, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Job Description Plants possess an unparalleled regeneration capacity, allowing them to survive severe stress conditions such as injury, herbivory attack, and dramatic weather conditions. Previousl...
Postdoc Position In Plant Cell And Molecular Biology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
29.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal A funded postdoc position is available at the Chair of Plant Systems Biology at the School of Life Sciences of the Technical University of Munich. Protein ...
Postdoc Position In Optogenetic Control Of Cell Division And Cell Fate In C. Elegans (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Postdoc position in Optogenetic control of cell division and cell fate in C. elegans (1.0 FTE) Postdoc position in Optogenetic control of cell division and cell fate in C. elegans (1.0 FTE) Publis...
Postdoctoral Researcher Gene And Cell Therapy , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Institute for Regenerative Medicine - IREM Postdoctoral Researcher - Gene and Cell Therapy 100 % The Institute for Regenerative Medicine (IREM) is a research institute of the University of Zurich l...