ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
THE RESEARCH PROJECT
Can we use the energy from sun and wind to make renewable molecules at sea? With MuSE (Molecules at Sea) we want to investigate this opportunity.
This MuSE project aims to study and solve the technical and scientific obstacles for producing and importing offshore renewable molecules (H2, methanol, methane...) with a direct connection to offshore energy production (wind or solar parks). This consortium will also take the socioeconomic
and legal framework into account during the design phase and thus contribute to a circular economy based on renewable energy and sustainable chemical production.
This project will focus on fundamental research in 6 areas:
The project has a duration of 3 years. The MuSE project is financed by the ETF (Energy Transition Fund). The ETF mission is to encourage and support energy research, development and innovation within the Belgian federal energy competences (including renewable energies in the North Sea, biofuels, nuclear energy applications, security of supply and grid balancing).
- You are the project leader, you are the face of the project and the single point of contact for the researchers, the companies in the advisory board and the policy makers funding the project.
- You are responsible for the coordination of the project, e.g. organizing of consortium meetings, workshops, external communication, etc.
- Yearly reporting to FPS Economy
- Half of the time, you are involved in the research tasks as a senior researcher.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a PhD in electrochemistry, chemical engineering, bio-chemical engineering, bioengineering or mechanical engineering
- Excellent communication skills in English – both oral and written.
- You have a particular interest in the topic
- Experience in the field of electrolysis/solid oxide electrolysis/green hydrogen production/CCU is recommended
- You are a good communicator and have excellent organization skills
- Multidisciplinary collaboration (engineering, economics, chemistry,…) does not scare you.
- You are open to interacting with industry.
- You are a networker by nature and get energy out of working in a complex working environment with many stakeholders.
- You take initiative.
- You are a team player.
What can we offer for you
We offer you a contract of 3 years.
Your contract can start on 1/11/2022 at the earliest.
Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
How to apply
Email your application to Prof. dr. ir. Kevin Van Geem (Kevin.VanGeem@UGent.be) or dr. ir. Louis Sileghem (Louis.Sileghem@UGent.be) before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications.
- Your application must include the following documents:
- your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- your application letter in pdf format
- a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- a reference letter, an overview of your study results, …
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. dr. ir. Kevin Van Geem (Kevin.VanGeem@UGent.be) or dr. ir. Louis Sileghem (Louis.Sileghem@UGent.be)
Predoctoral Researcher With Interest In Development Of Advanced Tools For Ecological Modelling Of..., Fundación Instituto Hidráulica Ambiental Cantabria, Spain, 1 day ago
The Environmental Hydraulics Institute of Cantabria Foundation and with the needs of the projects programmed in its Action Plan, it is necessary to fill a position for 1 TECHNOLOGIST. IHCantabria,...
Post Doctoral Contract "Large Eddy Simulation Of Plasma Assisted Combustion Of Turbulent Hydrogen..., CNRS, Suriname, 1 day ago
Hydrocarbon combustion, involved in more than 80% of the worldwide primary energy consumption, produces most anthropogenic CO2 emissions. Because batteries exhibit a lower energy density than fue...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Inflammasome Signaling, Ghent University, Belgium, 14 days ago
Postdoctoral researcher: Inflammasome signaling 15/11/2022 Location Ghent, Belgium Vacancy About the lab A postdoc position is available in the group of Prof. Mo Lamkanfi at the Ghent University D...
Post Doc In Coproduction Of Hydrogen And Biochar From Woody Biomass, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
We are recruiting a Post-Doctoral researcher to carry out research with the aim to develop a novel process for coproduction of hydrogen and biochar from woody biomass, that utilize interconnected ...
Wind Energy Technologies Office Research Fellowship, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), United States, about 23 hours ago
Organization U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Reference Code DOE-EERE-RPP-WETO-1900-2022 How to Apply Click on Apply below to start your application Description The Energy Efficiency and Renewable...
Postdoctoral Fellow Hy Value, University of Bergen, Norway, about 20 hours ago
Postdoctoral Fellow HyValue Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locall...