The Laboratory of Interneuron Developmental Dynamics (headed by Lynette Lim) at the VIB Center for Brain & Disease Research in KU Leuven is located in the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Belgium. Our lab is interested in the developmental programmes that shape inhibitory circuits in the brain. We examine how distinct populations of inhibitory neurons are generated and how they mature to form functional circuits. To this end, our work combines various interdisciplinary techniques such as mouse genetics, high content imaging, and single-cell RNA sequencing and spatial transcriptomics technologies.
We are looking for one full-time, highly motivated and dedicated postdoctoral fellow to work in the area of neuronal development. The proper function of the cerebral cortex requires precise inhibition of excitatory neurons in both time and space. This is achieved by GABAergic inhibitory neurons, a highly diverse cell type that accounts for ~20% of all cortical neurons. This diversity is critically important for fine-tuning cortical circuits, but how these distinct repertoires of neuronal cells mature during development remains largely unknown. The postdoctoral fellow will work on an FWO funded project to examine the development and functional maturation of cortical long-range inhibitory neurons.
The postdoctoral fellow will be expected to work closely and collaborate with other members of the lab. S/he will design, implement, and evaluate experimental results.
- You hold a Ph.D. degree in Neurosciences, developmental biology, or any related discipline.
- You have extensive experience in animal model
- You must be willing to work with laboratory animals (mice and rats); you have a Felasa B certificate or are willing to acquire it in the short term.
- You have experience with programming (R, Python, Matlab, etc)
- You are enthusiastic to be part of a dynamic and young research lab and you value working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Good mastery of English language
- Experience in rodent surgery
- Experience in single-cell sequencing
- Experience in mouse in utero surgery
- The appointment is for 3 years, with the possibility for an extension. The successful candidate will be strongly encouraged to apply for an external fellowship.
- Access to top state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Mentoring, supervision, and training to be the next generation scientist, inclusive of transferable skills training programs available through the Lim lab, VIB and KU Leuven.
- A stimulating international research environment to learn innovative techniques and tools, such as single-cell sequencing, spatial transcriptomics, gene editing and developmental neurobiology
Starting date: from April 2021.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience and names and contact information of 3 references.
For more information, please contact Lynette.Lim@kuleuven.vib.be .
Postdoc Position: Single Cell Manipulation With The Fluid Fm Technology , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ability to man...
Postdoc; Decoding Heterogeneity & Cellular Intercations By Microfluidics, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 6 days ago
Successful immunotherapy against cancer, infectious or immune-based diseases is the result of a multitude of cellular interactions within the immune system, including antigen presenting dendritic ...
Postdoc Position: Single Cell Manipulation With The Fluid Fm Technology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 6 days ago
The ability to manipulate living cells at the single cell level is increasingly demanded by researchers in various fields. Precise picking of a selected cell and its deposition onto a selected sub...
Research Assistant At The Smart Nano Bio Devices Group, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, Spain, 9 days ago
The nanodevices group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to join the team working on highly multidisciplinary projects in the field of sel...
Master Of Science Fellowship Announcement Natural Bioactives And Nutraceuticals Functionality..., iBET - Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica, Portugal, 11 days ago
Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica (iBET), Oeiras, Portugal, invites applications for a research fellowship in the field of Biotechnology available within the project “SusFishWaste- ...
Cancer Cell Biologist (Postdoc) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
University Children's Hospital Zürich Cancer cell biologist (Postdoc) 80-100 % The Pediatric Molecular Neuro-oncology Research group of the University Children's Hospital Zurich is seeking a candid...