One postdoctoral fellow position is available at the ULB Center for Diabetes Research, Brussels, Belgium (https://www.ucdr.be/ ). We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join the lab of Dr. Decio Eizirik. This lab aims to clarify the mechanisms of pancreatic beta cell dysfunction and death in type 1 diabetes mellitus, with focus on endoplasmic reticulum stress, alternative splicing and other mechanisms that may contribute to beta cell death and generation of neoantigens.
The selected candidate will participate in a team working with primary human and iPSC-derived islets, animal models of diabetes and human beta cell lines, and advanced molecular biology techniques. A strong understanding of beta cell biology and/or molecular biology is important. The selected candidate will be motivated and take initiative in proposing and performing experiments, with support by Dr Eizirik and other colleagues in the lab. Applications can be made directly to Dr Eizirik at firstname.lastname@example.org . The position is funded by ongoing IMI and Welbio grants.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and conduct state of the art scientific experiments with human primary and iPSC-derived islets and cell lines, initially with supervision and then progressively independent work, including:
- Cell isolation/culture
- Develop cell-based functional and viability assays for evaluating beta cell responses to stress
- Characterize gene and protein expression in stressed and physiological beta cells
- Accurately document and publish research findings
- Actively support applications for grants and sponsored research funding proposals
Qualifications and Skills
Specific skills and qualifications for the position include:
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or a related field is required
- Relevant experience in molecular biology is required; experience with iPSC is a plus, but the candidate can learn the required techniques at our iPSC Core;
- Strong skills in beta cell isolation/ culture is a plus
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
Postdoc; Decoding Heterogeneity & Cellular Intercations By Microfluidics, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 5 days ago
Successful immunotherapy against cancer, infectious or immune-based diseases is the result of a multitude of cellular interactions within the immune system, including antigen presenting dendritic ...
Cancer Cell Biologist (Postdoc) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
University Children's Hospital Zürich Cancer cell biologist (Postdoc) 80-100 % The Pediatric Molecular Neuro-oncology Research group of the University Children's Hospital Zurich is seeking a candid...
Postdoc Position: Single Cell Manipulation With The Fluid Fm Technology , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ability to man...
Postdoc (M/W/D), E13/100 % , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 11 hours ago
07.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a scientist (Postdoc, m/w/d) who shares our enthusiasm about human T cell engineering and to work on our new project entitled “CRISPR-dis...
Research Fellow, Pharmacy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job Description A Post-Doctoral Fellow position is available in A/Prof Victor Yu’s laboratory at National University of Singapore (NUS). The prime interest of the laboratory is to investigate the ...
Postdoc Position Available At The Unit For Cell Death And Inflammation (Ucdi), VIB, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
The Unit for Cell Death and Inflammation (UCDI) of Prof. Peter Vandenabeele has currently a job opening for a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist with research experience in autophagy and cell...