(ref. BAP-2022-346)Laatst aangepast : 30/05/2022
MICAS is a research group within the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT) of the University of Leuven (KU Leuven). MICAS conducts research on the design of integrated circuits in nano-electronic technologies. This research is performed in close collaboration with the semiconductor industry and about 75% of the groups’ budget is through industrial collaborations. MICAS consists of 7 professors and 80 Ph.D. researchers. As such, KU Leuven MICAS is the largest academic circuit-level research group within Europe. MICAS tapes out dozens of chips every year, and possesses a top-notch chip bonding, packaging and measurement lab. We also closely collaborate with imec. More information about the group and its activities can be found at http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/micas/
The PhD student or post-doctoral researcher will conduct (and supervise) research on automated design of resource-efficient ML computer architectures, and/or digital and mixed-signal implementations of machine learning processors. Recently deep neural networks have gained enormous popularity in the signal processing community. In the micro-electronics research domain this has sprouted attention on customized processors for efficient embedded deep neural network inference. Our team has published several of these state-of-the-art processors over the past few years. We will build upon our work in the field of deep learning processors and hardware/algorithm co-optimization, which has demonstrated to save orders of magnitude on energy efficiency. Yet, we want to extend this work towards a.) multi-chip(let) computer architectures; b.) mixed-signal processing and compute-in-memory; c.) automated hardware optimization and generation .
You will closely collaborate with researchers from KU Leuven’s algorithmic machine learning group, researchers from Imec, researchers from various international research groups and several industrial partner companies.
• Candidates must have a solid background in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), with expertise in computer architectures, digital design and/or mixed-signal design.
• Additional research/educational experience in machine learning, high-level synthesis or chip tape out are a strong plus.
• We are looking for a team player with the capability to work in an international research team.
• Excellent proficiency in the English language is also required, as well as good communication skills, both oral and written
• An exciting research environment, working on the intersection between emerging research domains (machine learning; processor design; ultra-low power chip and system design)
• The ability to closely interact with our industrial partners, as well as many academic research partners in ongoing projects
• A thorough scientific education, the possibility to become a world-class researcher
• A KU Leuven affiliation, one of the largest research universities of Europe
• The possibility to participate in international conferences and academic as well as industrial collaboration
Meer informatie is te verkrijgen bij prof. dr. ir. Marian Verhelst, tel.: +32 16 32 86 17, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KU Leuven wil een omgeving creëren waarin alle talenten maximaal tot ontplooiing kunnen komen, ongeacht gender, leeftijd, culturele herkomst, nationaliteit of functiebeperking. Hebt u vragen in verband met toegankelijkheid of ondersteuningsmogelijkheden, dan kan u ons contacteren via diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Systems Architect For Imaging And Photonic Systems, IMEC, Belgium, 24 days ago
Steer the prototyping and product development of novel imaging and photonic systems Within the imec Solutions department, we build application-oriented prototypes around unique imec chip-level tec...
Research Associate (Computer , Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 23 days ago
The School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Key Responsibilities: The Research Associate will work on the respective areas of...
Imaging And Computer Vision Engineer, IMEC, Belgium, 24 days ago
Develop and implement vision software to acquire images/videos from various computational imaging systems, analyse videos and images and contribute to prototype & product development Within the im...
Instrumentation Engineer Lifesciences, IMEC, Belgium, 24 days ago
This instrumentation engineer wil spend at least 50% of his/her time in the lifelab, working with e.g. the microfluidics team, to develop prototype systems for Health projects. What you will do Wi...
Professor Electrical Engineering: Applied Power Electronics For Clean Energy Solutions, KU Leuven, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
Benefits We are offering full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment.KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental ...
Research Laboratory Coordinator – Vib Ku Leuven Laboratory For Integrative Genomics, VIB, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
The Laboratory for Integrative Cancer Genomics (https://demeulemeesterlab.sites.vib.be/en is looking for a full-time, motivated and technology driven Research Laboratory Coordinator to lead its ...