Mathematics & Statistics
University of Maryland Global Campus, Europe
The Undergraduate School
Location: SHAPE, Belgium
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach on-site in Belgium in the Mathematics and Statistics programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Professional experience in Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Please attach conferred unofficial transcripts and/or credential evaluations for all graduate degrees.
- Preference given to those who can teach in multiple disciplines
- You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
- Local applicants only. Adjunct faculty positions are not eligible for UMGC sponsored logistical support. Applicants must have and be able to maintain their own legal status in the country in which they apply to teach. Please note that a valid passport is required as a condition of employment and you must be in possession of a valid passport at the time of final offer of employment.
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- Unofficial transcripts for all conferred graduate degrees with conferral date (or credential evaluations)
- Two professional/academic references with email addresses and phone numbers
- Part of the selection process includes providing official transcripts.
- If your degrees were earned from an institution(s) outside the US: UMGC requires a 3rd party credit evaluation from a NACES approved vendor (http://www.naces.org/ )
- If an unofficial copy of the evaluation is submitted to UMGC, then the official evaluation would still be required.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning
Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations
Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments
Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program
Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements
The Mathematics Program at UMGC
Please visit https://www.europe.umuc.edu/undergraduate/undergraduate-programs to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework.
Please visit https://www.europe.umuc.edu/hr/careers-position-announcements to learn more about teaching in Europe.
Faculty Training at UMGC
We are committed to your professional success at UMGC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online new faculty orientation, FacDev 412, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
For The Research Center For Operations Management We Are Looking For A Full Time Ph D Researcher In The Field Of Project Scheduling: “Optimization And Analytics For Stochastic And Robust Project Scheduling”., Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
(ref. BAP-2020-280) Laatst aangepast : 20/05/2020 The Research Center for Operations Management at KU Leuven (Belgium) is offering a position for a full-time PhD student starting in 2020. The posi...
Identification, Localization & Separation Of Noise Sources Of Hybrid Vehicle Drivetrains, KU Leuven, Belgium, 19 days ago
Benefits • A remuneration package in line with Marie Sklodowska Curie ITN regulations, which is competitive with industry standards in Belgium, a country with a high quality of life and excellent ...
Research Scientist – In Vivo Models, Rewind Therapeutics, Belgium, 14 days ago
Location: Leuven & Hasselt, Belgium Contract: Full time Company Rewind Therapeutics is a privately held biotech company based in Leuven, Belgium that completed a €15.2 million Series A financing a...
Summer Scholars Institute Teacher Summer 2020 (Internal Applicants Only), University of North Georgia, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position Title: Summer Scholars Institute Teacher - Summer 2020 (Internal Applicants Only) Position Number: 11904982 Benefits Eligible: No Campus Location: Online General Summary: The University o...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track), Technology and Medicine, Luxembourg, about 17 hours ago
Update: Due to the current situation, the recruitment procedure will be delayed and hence the deadline is extended until May 31, 2020. The Department of Mathematicsof the Faculty of Science, Techn...
Professor In Software Engineering, KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
Benefits We offer full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and ap...