The Laboratory of proteolytic mechanisms mediating neurodegeneration is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research at the University of Leuven and investigates the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease pathogenicity.
We are looking for a junior lab technician to join a team of post-docs and Ph.D. students to provide hands-on support in tasks related to molecular biology, protein expression and purification and cell culture.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology (specialization: Pharmaceutical and Biological Laboratory Technology), Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent
- You are well organized and able to accurately document your work
- You are able to work independently and perform well in a team
- You communicate effectively
- You are proficient in written and spoken English. You preferably also master the Dutch language
- You have experience in general molecular biology techniques and tissue culture
- Molecular biology tasks, including bacteria transformation, DNA extraction, DNA and protein gels, western blotting, etc
- Cell culture tasks that include the maintenance of mammalian and insect cell cultures, cell transfection and transduction methodologies
- Protein expression, purification and characterization tasks, including immunoaffinity- and chromatography- based methods, mutagenesis
- Documentation of results in electronic format
- General support to the lab and maintenance of general lab supplies and stocks
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full-time open-ended contract
- Starting Date: as soon as possible, the position is immediately available
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their candidacy in English through the VIB online application tool.
A complete application file should contain the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter describing your previous job experience
- Names and contact information of 3 references
For further information and questions, please send an email to Lucia Chavez (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Interested in a virtual visit? Visit us at https://360.cbd.vib.be
Management Of Intracellular Protein Aggregates In Stressed Bacteria, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-521) Laatst aangepast : 17/07/2022 The Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems (M²S) of the KU Leuven is looking for a motivated pre-doctoral or postdoctoral researcher to tak...
University Assistant Prae Doc, Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien (University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna), Austria, 29 days ago
•PhD degree in veterinary medicine, biology, molecular biology or comparable •Experience in mass spectrometry including preparatory and follow-up steps •Experience in the establishment and conduct...
University Assistant Post Doc, Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien (University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna), Austria, 30 days ago
•Teaching (supervision of practical courses and small group lessons) •PhD degree in veterinary medicine, biology, molecular biology or comparable •Profound theoretical and practical experience in ...
Research Associate, Protein Engineering / Synthetic Biology , University of Basel, Switzerland, 17 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate. IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission i...
Open Bachelor And Master Positions In The Group Of Dr. Daniela Zdzieblo Endocrine Pancreas Tissue... (# Of Pos: 2), University Hospital Würzburg, Germany, 10 days ago
Project: “Probing the role of bFGF in endocrine pancreas cell plasticity” Background: Cell plasticity describes the ability of somatic cells to adapt to external factors by intracellular changes. ...
Research Associate [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 14 days ago
The appointed Research Associate is expected to take lead of the Tier3 project entitled “Next-generation human organoids: Characterization, isolation and combinatorial re-assembly of niche compone...