The VIB Myeloid Cell Immunology lab , headed by Prof Jo Van Ginderachter, is looking for a motivated research technician to support the tumor myeloid cell immunology team of Prof Benoit Stijlemans.
The research in which the candidate will be involved will focus on the use of Nanobodies (Nbs, i.e. singe variable domain of camelid heavy chain antibodies) directed against a tumor promoting factor as target for cancer therapy.
The MCI lab offers a dynamic and scientifically stimulating working environment within an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team.
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in biomedical, biochemical, biotechnological laboratory techniques or related fields.
- General experience in cell culture
- General experience in protein purification and protein engineering is recommended
- General experience in animal handling and husbandry background, FELASA B certificate
- Specialized experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, microscopy or quantitative PCR is a strong bonus
- Good practical knowledge of English
- Basic computer skills (text processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Willing to learn new techniques and expanding your knowledge
- Willing to participate in the general lab organization
- Strong sense of pro-active and results-oriented attitude, highly organized and structured, detail-oriented lab worker with good interpersonal and communication skills
Nature of the contract:
- Full time job offer
- Contract of fixed duration (18 months, with a possibility of prolongation)
Start from mid-July or 1 August 2021
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply online. Please upload you résumé, ideally containing contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter.
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Ir. Jo Van Ginderachter .
Ph.D In Biophysics Of Epithial To Mesenchymal Transition, CY Cergy Paris Université, Suriname, 13 days ago
Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) reflects changes in cell behaviour essential for development, and physiopathological processes. The environment induces variability in cells shape and mo...
Synthase Inhibitor If1 Binds A Novel Site And Promotes Tumorigenesis: Displacement As Anticancer..., ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - UNIVERSITA' DI BOLOGNA - - DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE BIOMEDICHE E NEUROMOTORIE, Italy, 12 days ago
The inhibitor protein IF1 binds to, and blocks ATP synthase during ATP hydrolysis. Interestingly, IF1 is overexpressed in glioma, colon, lung and breast cancers. Evidence exists to suggest that IF...
Technician , University of Alberta, Canada, 5 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...
Whole Genome And Rna Sequencing For Platelet Disorders, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
Platelets, the 2nd most abundant cell in the blood, play an essential role in cardiovascular disease. Inherited bleeding, thrombotic and platelet disorders are characterized by marked genetic hete...
3 Year Postdoctorate (M/F) To Study Viral Factories (In The Rhabdovirus Team, Led By Yves Gaudin,..., CNRS, Suriname, 23 days ago
Main activities will be: live imaging (including FRAP), cellular virology, recombinant protein expression, protein complex purification and characterization by mass spectrometry. Genetic screens a...
Staff Scientist To Work On Research Projects With Drosophila Melanogaster , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 6 hours ago
Department of Molecular Life Sciences Staff Scientist to work on research projects with Drosophila Melanogaster 50-80 % The position is available in Prof. D. Brunner's research group in the Departm...