Department: Faculty of Law - general
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Faculty of Law has the following full-time vacancy:
graduate teaching & research assistant in the field of competition law
As a graduate teaching & research assistant, you are part of the academic assistant staff (Dutch: Assisterend Academisch Personeel, AAP). You spend at least 50% of your working time preparing a PhD thesis. In addition, you play an assisting role in teaching, research and service activities.
- You provide support with teaching and also teach high-quality academic classes yourself in the area of European Union law, competition law and technology regulation. You fulfil these duties of education and educational support in relation to different programme components, including:
- Practical (seminar) European Union law (bachelor of laws; 6 ECTS; in Dutch or English)
- Law of the European Union, incl. crash course (M; 6 ECTS)
- Advance Course European competition law in context (LL.M; 6 ECTS)
- Business contracts and technology (master of laws; 3 ECTS)
- Your teaching role evolves along with the study programmes.
- You supervise students and their Bachelor and Master dissertations and you assist in the evaluation of these dissertations.
- You assist in ongoing research projects and the activities of the Business & Law research group.
- You present the findings of your PhD research at academic conferences and aim to publish them in scientific journals.
- You contribute to attracting (intern)national research funding.
- You play an active role in the academic and societal service provision of the Faculty of Law. You assist in student recruitment and alumni activities, supervise examinations and serve on boards and committees.
- You hold a Master degree in law or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You submit a research proposal (in Dutch or English ) for the research you will be developing in one of the research lines of the Research group Business & Law. This proposal of maximum 5 pages includes the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’.
The prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results, especially in the area of (European) economic law.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- You are motivated to work actively on your further professional development.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have adequate knowledge of the English teaching language to be able to offer educational support. You are prepared to acquire, in the short term, knowledge of the administrative language Dutch of the University of Antwerp as well as adequate knowledge of the Dutch teaching language.
- Relevant professional experience is an advantage but not necessary.
What we offer
- We offer an appointment as a graduate teaching & research assistant for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the appointment can be renewed twice up to a maximum period of six years.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for an assistant (academic assistant staff, AAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- The planned start date is 15 September 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits .
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 14 February 2022. Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following document(s):
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following date: March 3, 2022.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact dr. Jan Blockx, Tel. 032655491 – firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply
Ph D Research Position On Cyber Security & Law , Erasmus University Rotterdam ;, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Our scientists and students work in close collaboration...
Lectio Research Manager (Post Doc), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-869) Laatst aangepast : 24/12/2021 LECTIO, the KU Leuven Institute for the Study of the Transmission of Texts, Ideas and Images in Antiquity, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, ga...
Assistant (22068) Plants And Crops, Ghent University, Belgium, 22 days ago
→ Apply until 11/01/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Bioscience Engineering → Department BW21 - Plants and Crops → AAP temporary appointment - 100% → Number of openin...
Post Doc Immunometabolism, VU university medical center (VUmc), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Question about this vacancy? Tanja Hart +31621603178 Recruitment adviseur What to expect A job in our beautiful capital Working for the most preferred employer in healthcare (intermediair 2021) Al...
Amolf: Scientific Project Assistant, AMOLF, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Are you interested in making an inventory of the research expertise and knowledge needs of materials scientists in both academia and industry? Do you have a PhD in materials research and are you a...
Postdoctoral Researcher (21663) Department Of Internal Medicine And Pediatrics, Ghent University, Belgium, 22 days ago
→ Apply before 31/01/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time) → Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences → Department: GE35 - Inwendige ziekten en Pediatrie → Occupancy rate: 100% → Number of p...