The VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology (VIB CMN, Belgium) is searching for a full stack developer to join the Neuromics Support Facility for support and development of databases, interfaces, and tools used in life science research. The successful applicant will be embedded in the NSF team https://uantwerpen.vib.be/group/NeuromicsSupportFacility and work closely with BioINFO and BioIT members. VIB CMN is a highly international, diverse research environment, focusing on the discovery of molecular causes of neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental phenotypes.
Your tasks will include:
- Database user support including maintaining documentation of existing tools and database tables and monitoring.
- Developing scripts for automated data acquisition.
- Development and maintenance of web interface and databases.
Candidates with a degree with a focus on Computer Science or Applied Informatics are strongly encouraged to apply, but the position is also open to candidates with equivalent experience but a degree in other fields.
- Able to work independently and respect deadlines
- Analytical, able to troubleshoot, and a strong preference to work in a supporting role
- Communicative and prefers to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in working with relational databases (Firebird, PostgreSQL, MySQL, …)
- Experience with (multiple) scripting languages (Tcl, Python, PHP, Perl, shell, …) Some experience with web languages such as HTML and CSS
Additional competencies that are a plus:
- Experience with Linux
- Keen interest in life science and technology
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Open-ended contract
- An exciting opportunity to support highly motivated teams in an international life science research environment
- An excellent compensation package based on expertise and experience expanded with a wide range of fringe benefits (eco vouchers, commuting allowance when using public transport, bike allowance)
- Attractive holiday system
- Excellent health benefits (group insurance and hospitalization plan)
How to apply?
You can apply via the online job application platform. Don’t forget to include the following documents:
- a detailed CV
- a motivation letter describing your interests and contact details of references (if available)
We screen all applications. If you qualify, you will receive a home assignment, which you will present during an online interview = 1st round. If successful, you will be invited to visit our center for a 2nd round interview.
The position is open until a candidate is found.
Employment start – as soon as possible
For more information: please contact email@example.com
“Scientific Coordinator” Staff Scientist In The Laboratory Of…, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 6 days ago
The laboratory of Angiogenesis & Vascular Metabolism headed by Prof. Peter Carmeliet is one of the laboratories of the Center for Cancer Biology (CCB), a research department of VIB (Flanders Insti...
“Project Manager & Writer” Staff Scientist In The Laboratory Of…, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 6 days ago
The laboratory of Angiogenesis and Vascular Metabolism headed by Prof. Peter Carmeliet is one of the laboratories of the Center for Cancer Biology (CCB), a research department of VIB (Flanders Ins...
Research Funding Advisor (0.8–1.0 Fte) At The Faculty Of Arts And Social Sciences (Fa So S), Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting the vacancy number AT2023.49. The deadline is 13 February 2023. 1st application round = Mondag 27 feb...
R&D Scientist – Growing Substrate…, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 9 days ago
About N-Fix N-Fix, one of the first startups selected for the biotope by the VIB incubator, aims to solve one of the major sustainability challenges of livestock farming: an excess of manure. We’r...
Research Associate To Join The Vanderhaeghen Lab, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, 1 day ago
Description The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 u...
Potdoc Basic Mechanisms Of Pain In Polycystic Kidney Disease, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 12 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-29) Laatst aangepast : 23/01/2023 The PKD research and the Laboratory of Ion Channel Research are a team of preclinical and clinical researchers with extensive and complementary exp...