NUMECA International is a worldwide company developing simulation software for fluid flows, multiphysics and optimization, widely used by engineers and designers in a large range of fluid engineering applications, in Aerospace, Power Generation, Energy, Automotive, Marine, oil and gas, as well as many industrial areas of manufacturing.
Our teams are fully committed to develop and implement creative solutions.
We believe that quality, rigor and innovation are the keys for success. With a team of highly skilled and motivated co-workers, NUMECA offers a stimulating, young and multicultural environment.
NUMECA has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and subsidiaries in different countries in Europe, USA and Asia.
In the framework of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie H2020 project SseCOID, an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position is open and NUMECA is looking for a PHD Candidate in CFD Development for a project entitled:
“High fidelity simulations of a transitional flow over a tri-dimensional wing by means of high-fidelity methods ”.
The main objective of SseCOID is:
1) to investigate the detailed flow around a 3D wing in a transitional mode. Transition and buffet scenarios will be considered.
2) To optimize the high-fidelity methods applied to steady and unsteady flows.
The PhD will be based at NUMECA International, in Brussels and supervised by Prof. Ch Hirsch and Dr. Kunal Puri, and secondments are foreseen at partner institutions of the SseCOID network.
To be able to assume this role, the minimum qualifications are:
- Degree in engineering, aeronautics, applied mathematics or physics, or equivalent expertise: MEng or MSc grade and less than 4 years of full time research experience (entitled to enter in a PhD programme);
- Excellent computational skills and interest in CFD programming (e.g. C++, Fortran) and fluid modelling are expected;
- Not have been working or studying in Belgium more than 12 months during the last 3 years;
- Fluent English language is a prerequisite for the role.
The additional qualifications are:
- Familiarity with turbulence modelling would be an asset;
- Familiarity with scale resolving simulations and their post-processing.
You should be highly motivated and dynamic, have good communication and analytical skills, be a stress-resistant problem solver, be a team player able to meet the highest quality standards, and ideally have a passion for programming.
What do we offer?
The position includes a very competitive 3 year scholarship based on European project standards. We also offer to work in a stimulating, young and multicultural environment.
How to apply?
Please apply with a cover letter and resume plus relevant technical papers, reports, references, etc. via our website: https://www.numeca.com/careers .
Research Engineer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description The candidate will be working on a research project on enhancement of multiphase flow metering using ultrasonic Doppler measurements. Qualifications Master degree in Petroleum Engi...
Assistant Professor, Chemical And Petroleum, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Job Description The Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering (CPE) at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites application for a full-time faculty position in Petroleum Engineeri...
Exploration Seismology Associate Professor, Professor Or Chair Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Exploration seismology Associate Professor, Professor or Chair Professor King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (CPG), Department of Geoscienc...
Machine Learning Models For Natural Language Understanding Inspired By The Working Of The Brain , Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 4 days ago
* A postdoctoral position for 2 years (can be prolonged). * A competitive wage and yearly budget to travel and attend conferences. * The opportunity for personal development beyond research includ...
Professor Of Computational Solid Mechanics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia Description We seek a candidate with a focus on high-performance computing, numerical methods and applied mathemat...
Hard Services Engineer , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
About University Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly int...