The Laboratory of Computational Biology (Stein Aerts lab) at VIB-KU Leuven is seeking a postdoc to join our efforts in deciphering the genomic regulatory code underlying cellular identity, with a focus on the brain.
- You will develop new AI strategies to learn the genome syntax using large-scale single-cell multi-ome atlases as training data
- You will unravel the diversity of neuronal cell types in the brain of various species (octopus, birds, mammals) through machine-learning & comparative genomics
- You will work very closely together with our wet-lab for data generation and experimental validations
- You will use your AI models to generate synthetic enhancers with new functions, and to functionally interpret non-coding genome variation (health and disease).
Recent scientific contributions from the lab include new bioinformatics methods for the analysis of single-cell gene regulatory networks, namely SCENIC and cisTopic; new experimental assays for single-cell ATAC-seq (HyDrop) and for massively parallel enhancer reporter assays; deep learning implementations for enhancer modelling (DeepMEL & DeepFlyBrain); and the generation of multiple single-cell atlases of the fly brain and the fly cell atlas.
Check out recent publications:
- Janssens, Aibar & Taskiran, Nature 2022
- Li & Janssens, Science 2022
- Davie & Janssens, Cell 2018
- Aibar et al., Nat Methods 2017
- Bravo et al., Nat Methods 2019
For all our publications, see www.aertslab.org/#publications .
- You obtained a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bio-engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Python programming
- Experience with machine learning is a plus (e.g., Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch)
- Experience with explainable AI (e.g., SHAP) is a plus
- Experience with high performance computing, software containers
- Experience with single-cell genomics is a plus, but not absolutely essential
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Access to state-of-the-art compute & GPU infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- You can be a driving force in a new EOS consortium across three Belgian Universities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fully funded postdoc position for 3 years, but encouraged to apply for an international fellowship (e.g., EMBO, Marie Curie, FWO, HFSP, ..).
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, two reference letters, and a motivation letter.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Researcher In Comparative Single Cell Genomics And Embryonic Gene Regulation, University of Basel, Switzerland, 7 days ago
The research group 'Laboratory of Regulatory Evolution' at the Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel is welcoming applications for a fully funded postdoctoral position (https:/...
Hi Wi/Student Researcher In Bioinformatics (Single Cell Genomics) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 12 hours ago
14.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Single cell genomics is revolutionizing biology and medicine. Rapid technological advances now allow the profiling of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes...
Genomics/Cancer Therapeutics, Post Doctoral Fellow,, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Description Job Purpose To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission o...
054/Bi/2022 Fellowship For Masters, Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA, Portugal, 12 days ago
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier – ITQB NOVA Application for a Master Fellowship within PTDC/BIA-MIC/2422/2020 Applications are invited for a Master Fellowship in the sco...
Public Selection 1 Rtd Post, Subordinate Work, 36 Months, Art. 24, Co. 3, Lett. B), L. 240/2010, 05..., University of Foggia, Italy, 13 days ago
The sector is interested in scientific and didactic-training activities in the field of the integrated study of the e cell ofliving organisms, with particular regard to basic mechanisms involved i...
Postdoc Position(S) Available In The Organoid Models Of Regeneration And Disease , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 23 days ago
ShanghaiTech University - Lab at the iHuman Institute The newly launched ‘Organoid Models of Regeneration and Disease’ lab at iHuman Institute, ShanghaiTech University is actively seeking highly m...