The Translational Onco-genomics and Bio-Informatics lab (tobi.ugent.be) at the VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology is seeking for a postdoctoral fellow to join the team. The overarching aim of the TOBI-team is the development of analytical and bioinformatic pipelines for diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive analysis enabling more precise cancer management. Prof. De Preter is the principal investigator of the TOBI-team (https://depreterlab.sites.vib.be/en ) and a member of the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (CRIG: https://www.crig.ugent.be/en/prof-katleen-de-preter-phd ). In 2022, an ERC consolidator grant (named EpiGuide) was awarded to her. This project aims to develop a novel minimal-invasive blood assay to monitor epigenetic mechanisms of therapy resistance. For this project, the team is looking for a talented and enthusiastic post-doctoral researcher.
About VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology
The VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology (CMB) focuses on the development of new and innovative molecular tools and technologies to challenge human health problems. The Center translates its novel technologies and insights to widely applicable research tools, vaccines, diagnostics, and biopharmaceuticals. Our research pushes the boundaries of biomolecular and bioinformatics research and engineering technologies.
- You will be involved in the optimization and implementation of assays to monitor epigenetic mechanisms of drug response. The work also involves the optimization of novel (single-cell) sequencing technologies on tissues and liquid biopsies, their validation in mice models, and application on patient samples.
- You will coordinate the sampling of mice models and the collection of patient samples.
- You will co-supervise graduate and Ph.D. students who collaborate on the research project.
- You will be primarily located at the TOBI lab at the VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology and will interact with multiple other research teams within the VIB and the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (https://www.crig.ugent.be/en ) as well as international collaborating teams.
What we are looking for
- You hold a Ph.D. in life sciences (obtained max. 6 years ago).
- Experience in cancer research, (epi)genomics, transcriptomics, massive parallel sequencing, assay optimization, and omics data mining is required.
- You have excellent written and oral English skills, as evidenced by prior peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
- You are a talented and enthusiastic researcher, who is seriously motivated and has a sense of high professional standards.
- You are ambitious and passionate about research.
- You have performed impactful research.
- You can work autonomously while having strong team player skills.
- You are a fluent communicator.
- Experience in project writing and the successful achievement of grants is a plus.
- Experience in the supervision of graduate and Ph.D. students is a plus.
- Experience in mouse work is a plus.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a fixed-term contract with a maximum term of 3 years;
- participation in an exciting and rapidly evolving new research area within a multidisciplinary environment;
- become a member of an established leading research lab with a young, dynamic and enthusiastic research staff with great team spirit;
- being part of a stimulating and supportive research team operating at the international level and dedicated to improving survival of patients with cancer,
- embedding within top-research teams with a broad range of expertise,
- access to state-of-the-art technology and facilities ((epi-)genomics, transcriptomics, (single-cell) sequencing, bioinformatics, in vivo mouse modeling, imaging, etc);
- institutional training opportunities to broaden your expertise and skills;
- starting date: as soon as possible, the position is immediately available.
Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible via the online system. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.
Your application must include the following documents:
- A cover letter, your CV
- Your diploma with the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French, or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- Optionally: a reference letter, …
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Katleen De Preter (email@example.com ).
Please, use the online form to submit your application. We only consider online applications.
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells , University of Basel, Switzerland, 14 days ago
We offer you A stimulating research environment in an internationally renewed research team. The lab has extensive experience with conditional genetics, lineage tracing and mouse models of glioma....
Postdoc Position At The Leibniz Institute For Immunotherapy (Lit) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 13 days ago
Postdoc position (E13) at the Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (LIT) with flexible starting date (m/f/d) The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) (http://www.r...
Expression Of Interest In Postdoctoral Fellowship (Msca Or Fwo) (Ref. Bap 2023 239), KU Leuven, Belgium, 22 days ago
13 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KU Leuven Research Field Biological sciences » Biological engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Belgium Application Dea...
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells, ETH, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Brain Tumor Biology and Cancer Stem Cells (100%) - available as agreed The Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel is a leading research institute in Switzerl...
Research Assistant Position, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 17 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Come and join the Unit of Molecular Neurobiology at the department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockh...
Postdoctoral Researcher: Testing Enhanced Car T Cell Technology In 3 D Multiple Myeloma Culture Models, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, 7 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht) Research Field Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands A...