26 May 2023
- Research Field
Sociology » Other
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
13 Jun 2023 - 21:59 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
→ Apply until 13/06/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Political and Social Sciences
→ Department PS04 - Sociology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202305/PS04/AS/004
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation on a theme related to one of the research groups in the Department of Sociology.
- You will assist in the teaching activities, both in Dutch and English, organized by the Department of Sociology, with focus on courses on sociological theory.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master in Master in Sociology or an equivalent degree. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You distinguished yourself in education.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention : If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2023 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales .
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment systembefore the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en ). For diplomas awarded in the UK before January 31st of 2020, a certificate of equivalence is not required.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. John Lievens, Department Chair (John.Lievens@UGent.be )
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ or contact helpdesk (email@example.com - tel. 09/264 98 98)
- Research Field
- Years of Research Experience
- 1 - 4
- Website for additional job details
- Number of offers available
- Ghent University
- Postal Code
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Fwo Sbo (Strategic Basic Research), Ghent University, Belgium, about 23 hours ago
What? The focus of strategic basic research is on innovative research which, if succesful, will create prospects for economic or societal applications. The SBO programme breaks down into two final...
Fwo Medium Scale Research Infrastructure, Ghent University, Belgium, about 23 hours ago
Internal deadline full proposal 11 September 2023! What? In the call for medium-scale research infrastructure funding is available for investments in both fundamental and strategic basic research....
Ict Business Analyst, VIB, Belgium, 7 days ago
Context VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates...
Fachbereich Politik Und Sozialwissenschaften Institut Für Soziologie Arbeitsbereich Makrosoziologie Research Assistant (M/F/D) With 75%Part Time Job Limited To 4 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Makro Predoc 2023 Bewerbungsende: 02.10.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 13 hours ago
The Institute of Sociology at Freie Universitat Berlin conducts research on current sociological questions. An international comparison, especially of European societies and the analysis of transn...
Senior Research Engineer In Bioinformatics/Web Development , Umeå University, Sweden, 11 days ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions with over 37,000 students and about 4,700 employees. The University offers a diversity of high-quality education and world-...
Student Assistant (F/M/X) "Technology, Power And Domination", Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
For the research group “Technology, Power and Domination” based at the Weizenbaum Institute, the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for a Student Assistant (f/m/x) starting on 1st Novem...