→ Apply until 13/12/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
→ Department EB21 - Department of Economics
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202211/EB21/AS/025
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
The Department of Economics at Ghent University (Belgium) has a vacant position for a research and teaching assistant (PhD student) in the area of ‘Ecological Macroeconomics’, with the candidate to be recruited also having a genuine interest in alternative measures of economics welfare and (European) public policy.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You provide teaching assistance to courses given by professors of the Department and assist in supervising students for their bachelor's and/or master's thesis.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Science in Economics and belong to the top 20% of your class.
- For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- Candidates who do not have a master's degree that was awarded in a country of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland must also submit GRE test scores or GMAT scores (percentile ranking).
- An additional advanced / research master's degree in economics and/or a master in (European) public policy / governance would be an advantage.
- You have a strong interest in scientific research with a view to obtaining a PhD.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Dutch is an asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 15 December 2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of the study results for the courses that you followed and for your master’s thesis
- (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application/motivation letter in pdf format.
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en ). For diplomas awarded in the UK before January 31st of 2020, a certificate of equivalence is not required.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof Brent Bleys(Brent.bleys@UGent.be ). More information about the Department of Economics can be found on the website https://www.ugent.be/eb/economics/en .
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ .
Project Manager, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, about 9 hours ago
VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of stra...
R&D Scientist – Growing Substrate, VIB, Belgium, 5 days ago
About N-Fix N-Fix, one of the first startups selected for the biotope by the VIB incubator, aims to solve one of the major sustainability challenges of livestock farming: an excess of manure. We'r...
R&D Scientist – Growing Substrate…, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium, about 8 hours ago
About N-Fix N-Fix, one of the first startups selected for the biotope by the VIB incubator, aims to solve one of the major sustainability challenges of livestock farming: an excess of manure. We’r...
Teaching Assistant German Professional And Academic Communication, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 1 day ago
Department: Department of Linguistics Regime Part-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an in...
Professor Electrical Engineering: Electromagnetic Risk Management For…, KU Leuven, Belgium, 6 days ago
Professor Electrical engineering: Electromagnetic risk management for dependable interconnected mechatronic systems (ref. ZAP-2022-5) Last modification : Tuesday, November 15, 2022 There is a vaca...
Zentralinstitut Osteuropa Institut Research Assistant (M/F/D) With 1/2 Part Time Job Limited Up To 4 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Oei Vwl Politik Wi Mi 2023 Bewerbungsende: 06.02.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Research and teaching in the Departments of Politics and Economics at the East European Institute cover the entire range of political and economic processes and institutions in Eastern Europe and ...