→ Apply until 21/04/2020 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
→ Department EA08 - Department of Electrical Energy, Metals, Mechanical Constructions and Systems
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202003/EA08/AS/004
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in the field of electric drives.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department in the field of electromechanics (on Bachelor and Master level).
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Science in Electromechanical Engineering, Master of Science in Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology or an equivalent degree. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have a strong motivation for conducting scientific research and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You possess good analytical, and technical skills.
- You take responsibility for the development of your project in a well-structured, thorough way, and you are able to solve problems independently. You display creativity in solving problems, generating ideas or finding new ways of working.
- You have an open personality and you are willing to contribute to the team and to participate in didactic projects.
- You have excellent didactic and communication skills in English, both orally and written.
- Knowledge of Dutch is definitely an asset. Non-Dutch speaking candidates, commit themselves to learn Dutch within a reasonable period.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention : If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 June 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales .
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field 'Cover letter': your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en ).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Luc Dupré (firstname.lastname@example.org , +32 9 264 34 24).
Assistant Professor In Data Engineering And Ai, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The Informatics Institute (IvI) is seeking a tenure track assistant professor interested in the intersection of artificial intelligence and data engineering. You will be joining the INtelligent D...
Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure Track) On Multiscale Cardiovascular Biomechanics (3m E20 48), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Assistant/Associate Professor (tenure track) on Multiscale Cardiovascular Biomechanics Department/faculty: Faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: Doctorate Working hours: 38...
Projectsupport Officer Valorisation Io (Atio 0815), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Projectsupport officer valorisation IO Department/faculty: Faculty Industrial Design Engineering Level: Higher Professional Education + Working hours: 32-40 hours weekly Contract: 1 year, with pro...
Assistant Professor/Tenure Track Parametric Structural Design And Digital Fabrication (Ci Tg20.33), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Assistant Professor/Tenure Track Parametric Structural Design and Digital Fabrication Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: Doctorate Working hours: 36-40 hours week...
Research Engineer Machine Learning / Data Engineering, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The 'AI for Retail' Lab and the Intelligent Data Engineering Lab at the University of Amsterdam’s Informatics Institute are seeking a research engineer with a focus on machine learning and data e...
Full Professor / Associate Professor Structural Design (Ci Tg20.34), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Full Professor / Associate Professor Structural Design Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: University Graduate Working hours: 36-40 hours weekly Contract: <empty> ...