→ Apply until 26/11/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Law and Criminology
→ Department RE21 - Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201911/RE21/AS/001
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically in the field of company law, insolvency law, financial law and/or economic law. The teaching language is Dutch.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
- You will become part of the Financial Law Institute, a research unit within the department. A particular interest in insolvency law would be an asset
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master in Law.
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention : If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 January 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales .
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter including a research plan of 2 to 4 pages (merged into one pdf file) in one of the following areas: company law, insolvency law, financial law and/or economic law. As mentioned above, we are particularly interested in candidates who want to do doctoral research in insolvency law, but candidates are welcome to submit research proposals in any of the aforementioned areas.
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en ).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Hans De Wulf hans.dewulf@UGent.be , +32 (0)9/2646826 of 6968).
Assistant Professor Of Public Law (1,0 Fte), Maastricht University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Assistant Professor of Public Law (1,0 fte) Assistant Professor of Public Law (1,0 fte) Published Deadline Location 21 Jul 1 Sep Maastricht Tenure track position Job description Job description We...
Assistant Professor In Law And Technology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Are you an ambitious early career lawyer who is specialized in research and education in Law and Technology and do you want to be part of an inspiring academic work environment ? Please apply at V...
Dean, Faculty Of Law, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Job Opening: Dean, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore Background The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the post of Dean, Faculty of Law. The National Un...
Assistant Or Assistant Professor For The Department Of Business Law (To Cover Maternity And Parental Leave) , Masaryk University, Czech, 1 day ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for the full-time position of an Assistant or Assistant professor at the Department of Business Law – to cover for mater...
Police Records Clerk, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
61994BR Campus: Tempe Police Records Clerk Job Description Under direct supervision, performs a wide variety of specialized clerical duties which includes receiving, filing, document imaging (scan...
Lecturer Of The Department Of Public Health Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Department: Department of Public Health – Faculty of Medicine Deadline: 29 Aug 2020 Start date: by agreement The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedu...