Plants possess an unparalleled regeneration capacity, allowing them to survive severe stress conditions such as injury, herbivory attack, and dramatic weather conditions. Previously, we have identified within Arabidopsis thaliana key molecular components that control stem cell replenishment following cell death (1-5). In follow-up work, we aim to understand the pathways operating upstream and use this knowledge to increase the regeneration potential of difficult-to-propagate tree species. This project is financed by an ERC-Adv grant.
- Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- A publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
- You are aware of today’s cutting-edge technologies and their possibilities (including CRISPR and new sequencing technologies).
- You have a good background in statistical analysis or bioinformatics
- Candidates with experience in metabolomics and/or genome-wide association studies will be prioritized.
- A 3-year postdoctoral position.
- A multidisciplinary highly stimulating and supporting international research environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure.
- Mentoring, supervision, and training to be the next-generation scientist, including transferable skills training programs available through VIB and UGent.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
The application should consist of
- Your CV in pdf format
- Your motivation letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position (pdf format)
- A transcript of your Ph.D. degree
- A reference letter from your Master thesis supervisor and/or other references.
The first review of applications will start on November 3rd. A shortlist of applicants will be selected and invited for online interviews.
The position remains open until a suitable candidate is found. The position can be started immediately.
Postdoctoral Researcher R2.Ii, Principe Felipe Research Center, Spain, 6 days ago
We are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow with previous experience on the neuroscience field to join Dr Moreno´s lab, the Neuronal and Tissue Regeneration Lab (http://www.cipf.es/rege...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Bioengineering And Stem Cell Biology, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 4 hours ago
Open position for a Postdoctoral researcher in Bioengineering and Stem Cell Biology The laboratory of Professor Pekka Katajisto at the Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Institut...
Post Doc Positions Available At Re New Copenhagen Node, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, 18 days ago
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine (reNEW) at Faculty of Health & Medical Science at the University of Copenhagen is looking for postdoctoral researchers to join the Brickma...
Postdoc Researcher Ophthalmology Research Group, Fundació Hospital Universitari Vall d&#039;Hebron- Institut de recerca, Spain, 14 days ago
Specialization: Stem cells and organoids, cell therapy, animal models in retinal degenerative diseases Supervisors: Dr. Miguel Zapata and Dr. Anna Duarri Research topic: Retinal organoids as a too...
Postdoctoral Positions In Cns Regeneration, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality research in regenerative biology? The newly established Llorens laboratory offers a vibrant, stimulating and international environment. We are part of the ...
Research Assistant In Agricultural Biotechnology, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 26 days ago
Performing the in vitro experiments on different cell culture lines to study the bioaccessibility of zeaxanthin, its transport and cellular uptake. Experiments will be performed for PN-III-P4-ID-P...