The Royal for Women Board of Trustees invites applications for the position of President. Established in 2004, the Royal University for Women is the only University in the Kingdom of Bahrain dedicated to the education of women. The President reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
The President of the Royal University for Women must possess the educational background, professional experience, and ideal characteristics necessary to lead the entire operation of the University. The University is seeking a dedicated and motivational leader who is skilled at building and maintaining strong internal/external relationships while inspiring faculty, staff, and students to build a stronger future for the University.
- Candidates must possess an earned PhD from an accredited institution and appropriate academic and administrative experience.
- Strive to uphold the University’s mission, vision, core values, and approved policies while providing direction along with responsible decision making.
- Build collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, higher education institutions, businesses, partners, and community members while demonstrating high levels of character, integrity, and responsiveness.
- Promote and support diversity and inclusion through equity and respect.
- Promote student success in preparation for transfer or career opportunities.
- Possess demonstrated experience in academic affairs, student life and remain actively involved in the life of the institution.
- Be an effective communicator and presenter to the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, student body, business leaders, community members, and the media.
- Possess leadership skills that can facilitate change through diversity and inclusion, strategic planning, master planning, sustainable financial planning, and innovative technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to enrollment, program growth, the development of new innovative programs, procurement of funding sources, and grant opportunities.
- Possess demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial management, fundraising, capital projects, economic development, and community service.
- Demonstrate experience with the accreditation process and working with government institutions.
- Understand the history of higher education, along with developing trends.
- Oral and written English proficiency required. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Experience in Middle Eastern academia.
- Experience in working in fields related to education and leadership of female students.
- Ability to work in a diverse culture.
- Ability to expand the existing international network of the University.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Royal University for Women is the first private, purpose-built, international university in the Kingdom of Bahrain dedicated solely to educating women, accredited by Bahrain’s Higher Education Council.
RUW's initial degree programmes were designed in collaboration with two reputed universities, McGill University in Canada and Middlesex University in the U.K. Over the past seven years RUW has undergone several Accreditations & Quality Reviews. RUW also received ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges & Universities) Accreditation in March 2018, which is internationally renowned quality standard for schools, colleges, universities and online learning providers, and is recognized by the UK Home Office.
The University is recognized by the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for its bachelor programmes. It is also recognized by the State of Kuwait for its majors in the College of Business & Financial Sciences and by the Sultanate of Oman for all RUW majors.
You can apply for this position starting from 1st of September 2020.
Only complete applications will be reviewed, and must include the following:
- Cover letter describing his/her qualifications, abilities, and interest in the position,
- Resume or CV,
- Names and contact information for three professional references,
- Copy of all transcripts,
- Three letters of professional recommendation.
All documentation must be in PDF format and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Located in the Arabian Gulf, the Kingdom of Bahrain has a five thousand years of history as a commercial centre in the region that has made it an extremely diverse and tolerant country. Bahrain ranked number one in the Middle East and North Africa region for the third year in the 2019 InterNations Expat Survey, especially in “ease of settling in”, “feeling at home”, and “cost of living”, and second globally for “ease of settling in”.
Arabic is the official language in Bahrain, however English is widely spoken and used as the language of business in most organisations and expats will not find language a barrier to doing business and getting by anywhere on the island.
Bahrain, home of Formula One Grand Prix in the Middle East, is a modern and progress cosmopolitan country, built on a rich history of culture, arts, and ancient civilisations. Visitors and residents can enjoy a huge range of traditional and international cuisines, and lifestyle experiences in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, including state of the art cinemas and theatre, shopping, sports, beaches, fine dining, and internationally renowned live shows and events.
Expats working in Bahrain can choose from a wide range of quality accommodation that cater for all budget range located in modern high rise or prestigious closed community developments all over the island.
From Nursery to High School, Bahrain has many highly reputed international schools that offer internationally recognized qualifications such as O-Levels, A-Levels, and International Baccalaureate. Most private schools are designed with international students in mind and follow a British, American, French, Canadian or Australian/New Zealand curriculum.
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor Department Of Population Medicine, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
TITLE: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor DISCIPLINE/SPECIALITY: Department of Population Medicine BACKGROUND OF COLLEGE OF MEDICINE (CMED) The College of Medicine i...
Fellow21, Nordita, United States, 13 minutes ago
Fellowship ID:NORDITA -Nordita -FELLOW21 [#17069] Fellowship Title: Nordita Fellowships 2021-2023 Fellowship Type:Postdoctoral Location:Stockholm, . 10691, Sweden [map ] Subject Areas: Physics /...
Hrf, MathJobs.org, United States, about 4 hours ago
The Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research invites applications for Heilbronn Research Fellowships. Fellows divide their time equally between their own research and the internal research pr...
Competency By Design (Cbd) Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 10 hours ago
This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months. This position is primarily located at the Lois Hol...
Associate Professor In Mammalian Cell Based Bioprocess Technology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Research Officer (Internal Applicants Only), The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job No:511318 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Academic Level A ($69,342.89 - $92,782.26) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Other The School of Clinical Medicine has a stro...