1 Sep 2023
Art and Industrial Design
- Research Field
Arts » Visual arts
- Researcher Profile
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
23 Oct 2023 - 23:00 (Europe/Vienna)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
1 Oct 2024
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
University of Arts Linz – Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies, Vacancy for a Professor of “Painting and Graphic Art” according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act (UG) 2002
University of Arts Linz invites applications for a full-time position as University Professor of “Painting and Graphic Art” starting in October 2024 according to Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act (UG 2002). The monthly salary of €5,826.50 before tax and deductions (14 times a year) is based on Section 49 (1) of the collective bargaining agreement. The possibility of a higher salary can be part of the appointment negotiations. The contract term is initially limited to 5 years. Permanent employment is possible.
University of Art and Design Linz is looking for a renowned artist with outstanding qualifications in the field of painting and a nationally as well as internationally recognised body of work for the Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies in the area of painting and graphic art.
The artist must be able to offer artistic training in the subject of painting and graphic art and provide students with both technical and practical skills as well as a knowledge of current issues in the field of painting.
The vacancy is addressed to artists who can show artistic expertise and teaching commitment, a very good knowledge of current issues in the field of painting, as well as national and international connections to the art and culture industry.
- Art degree from a university, university of applied sciences, or an academy, or an equivalent qualification,
- Outstanding artistic qualifications in the field of painting and graphic art
- Internationally recognised artistic work
- Connections to the international art world
- Leadership skills for managing and organising the teaching activity of a department with multiple staff members and workshops
- Technical and practical skills in the field of painting
- Ability to support and promote students in the arts
- Proof of relevant teaching experience at the tertiary level
- Good knowledge of German and English and the ability to teach flexibly in both languages
- Gender and diversity competence
- Didactic skills
- Knowledge of the international debate in the field of painting and graphic art
- Promotion of young artists/junior academic staff (in the field of painting and graphic art)
- Ability to work in a team and good social skills
- Presence on site is expected in accordance with the needs of teaching and the advancement and appreciation of the arts
- Close cooperation in terms of content and organisation with professors and staff of the departments and workshops of the Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies
- Participation in university committees
- Participation in university and public activities and interdisciplinary projects and collaborations
The University of Arts Linz pursues an anti-discriminatory hiring policy and is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. The University strives to increase the proportion of women among the academic, artistic, and general university staff, especially in leadership positions, and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualifications, women shall be given priority. Flinta* (German acronym for women, lesbians, inter, non-binary, trans and agender people) applicants as well as applicants with migration experience and/or a migration background and applicants with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for any expenses arising from the application process.
Digital applications are to be sent with the relevant documents (CV, certificates, documentation of professional qualifications, description of representative projects and engagements, etc.), which demonstrate the qualifications listed above, including a short, interdisciplinary teaching concept (2–4 pages), to email@example.com by 23 October 2023.
Mag.a Brigitte Hütter, MSc
- Research Field
- Arts » Visual arts
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- Institut of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies
- upper austria
- Postal Code
- Hauptplatz 6
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Associate Professor (50%) In Painting, University of Bergen, Norway, about 6 hours ago
Associate professor (50%) in painting Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally ...
Associate Professor (50%) In Ceramics And Clay, University of Bergen, Norway, about 6 hours ago
Associate professor (50%) in ceramics and clay Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, na...
Assistant Professor, Dance Production Specialist, Department Of Dance, College Of Fine Arts [R0139579], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 18 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Assistant Professor, Dance Production Specialist, Department of Dance, College of Fine Arts [R0139579] ROLE of the POSITION The Departm...
Associate Professor Of Practice In Theatre, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 21 hours ago
About The American University in Cairo: Founded in 1919, AUC moved to a new 260-acre state-of-the-art campus in New Cairo in 2008. The university also operates in its historic downtown facilities...
Research Associate/Scientific Coordinator (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 21 hours ago
Founded in 1409, Leipzig University is one of Germany’s largest universities and a leader in research and medical training. With around 30,000 students and more than 5000 members of staff across 1...
Full Professor In Contemporary Art And Global And Social Challenges (1.0 Fte) , Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Print this page Full Professor in Contemporary Art and Global and Social Challenges (1.0 FTE) Job description Utrecht University (UU) invites applications for a Full Professor in ‘Contemporary Art...