Applications are invited for a Postdoc position within the "Plant Biochemistry and Metabolism" Group of the University of Innsbruck, initially for 4 years, with possibility of extension. The jobholder will help co-ordinate a biochemically-orientated lab in the field of plant sciences; he or she will carry out high level research, teach independently, supervise students and carry out administrative tasks. The jobholder will be expected to acquire external funding, collaborate internally and internationally and contribute to the departmental publication output. He or she will contribute to teaching the curricula offered by the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Degree Program in Biology and Master's Program in Botany) and to the supervision of Bachelor and Master students.
- Research (60%): Conducting complex biochemical analyses with UHPLC-MS/MS (targeted analyses of plant metabolites) and GC-MS/MS (metabolomics); Independent research and participation in internal and international research projects in the field of plant physiology and plant biochemistry, with responsibility for publishing.
- Teaching (25%): Teaching according to the curricula of the Faculty of Biology (Bachelor's Programme "Biology" and Master's Programme "Botany", mainly in the research area of plant physiology), and supervision of BSc and MSc research projects (in the jobholder's field of expertise acquired through their doctoral thesis) and co-supervision of PhD projects
- Administration (15%): Contributing to administrative tasks at the Department and Faculty level, including management of research projects
- PhD in Biology, Chemistry or converging sciences
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience with LC-MS/MS and / or GC-MS/MS are essential; experience with tandem mass spectrometry in combination with an optional ion trap is desired, experience with analysing and interpreting -omics data is desired
- Publications in international, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Good knowledge in the field of plant sciences (plant physiology, biochemistry) is desired
- Good English skills are essential
- Proficiency to teach courses in German within a year
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies in particular to scientific positions. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the disabled confidant Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Research Fellow - 00C4V Description The successful candidates will work with Prof Yu Hao at the Department of Biological Sciences on the investigation of lighting recipes for sustainable and high-...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Ghent University, Belgium, about 2 hours ago
Job description The department Plants and Crops, unit HortiCell, and the IOF consortium CropFit are looking for a full time postdoctoral scientist with experience in project coordination and appli...
Postdoc Position In Plant And Animal Ecology Or Evolutionary Biology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Department: Department of Botany and Zoology – Faculty of Science Deadline: 29 Feb 2020 Start date: available from 1 May 2020 (the exact starting date is negotiable) Masaryk University, Brno, Cze...
Postdoctoral Position On Small Rn As In Mycoparasitic Interactions, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Work place: Department of Forest Mycology and Plant pathology The department of Forest Mycology and Plant pathology undertakes fundamental and applied research focused on interactions involving pl...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Wesleyan University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00774 Position Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Department Biology Department-1048 Job Category Staff Posting Position Type Grant...
Postdoc In Wetland Ecology, Linnaeus University, Sweden, 1 day ago
Welcome to Linnaeus University! A place for knowledge, ideas and development. For growth potential and a belief in the future. In Småland and in the world. Linnaeus University is a modern, interna...