University Assistant - PostDoc (40 hours/week), Institute of Sociology, from 1 March 2022, for 6 years. Main tasks:
- Independent research and publications, participation in research projects and acquisition of third party funding in the area of macrosociology and sociology of social inequality
- Independent teaching in sociology programs (BA and MA) with a focus on macrosociology and sociology of social inequality
- Student support: holding exams and supervising theses
- Participation in academic self-administration an in organizational and administrative tasks
- Doctorate in sociology or adjacent discipline
- High quality publications appropriate to the academic age
- Research experience in (cross-comparative) analysis of social inequality
- Proof of in-depth knowledge of advanced quantitative methods of social research
- International research experience
- Ability to relate to research areas represented at the department
- Teaching experience in sociology of social inequality
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding is desirable
- Team-, communication- and organizational skills
- Very good knowledge of English, willigness to learn German
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
Research Associate In Economics For The Living Conditions Department (Postdoc, F/M) Ref: 21 27, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research, Luxembourg, about 5 hours ago
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research is recruiting a Research Associate in Economics for its Living Conditions department (postdoc, f/m) • Ref: 21-27 • 3 years fixed-term contract •...
Research Assistant , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
Department of Business Administration Professorship for Managerial Economics Research Assistant Hourly basis The Department of Business Administration at the University of Zurich is one of the lead...
Postdoctoral Program (M/F/D) | Study Of Societies, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Cologne, Germany, 16 days ago
Job Offer from November 16, 2021 The Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) invites applications for postdoctoral researchers (m/f/d) in Social Science in the following project ar...
Research Associate In Economics For The Labour Market Department (Postdoc, F/M) Ref: 21 26, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research, Luxembourg, 3 days ago
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research is recruiting a Research Associate in Economics for its Labour Market department (postdoc, f/m) • Ref: 21-26 • 3 years fixed-term contract ...
Research Assistant Position (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 11 hours ago
The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises seven non-university research institutes in Berl...
Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 12 hours ago
For the Research Group “Varieties of Reproduction Regimes” (headed by Dr. Hannah Zagel) the WZB Berlin Social Science Center invites applications for the fixed-term position as a Doctoral Research...