The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 23,000 young people to meet the demands of today’s job market. In short, we are Upper Austria’s largest institution for education and research. Are you interested in being a part of shaping the future at Austria’s most attractive campus university? We currently have a job opening starting August 1, 2022, for a:
University Assistant (must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree) for a full-time, six-year position at the Institute of Semiconductor and Solid State Physics, Semiconductor Physics Division
Job Reference Number: 4988
- Research on III-V quantum dots (especially GaAs in AlGaAs for quantum optical applications) and participation in corresponding research projects at the Institute of Semiconductor and Solid State Physics
- Design an processing of optoelectronic components such as p-i-n diodes (light emitting diodes and photodiodes) in de cleanroom
- Active and reliable participation in ongoing national and international collaborations (deliver of samples and simulation results) and participation in research projects (preparation, reporting)
- Participate in the commissioning of a new etching system for III-V semiconductors in the cleanroom
- Independent supervision of bachelor and master theses and instruction of students (in the field of production of optoelectronic devices)
- Prepare scientific publications and presentations of the results at conferences and project meetings
- Participate in teaching and administration at the Institute for Semiconductor and Solid State Physics, as well as holding courses such as exercises and internships
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate-/Ph.D. degree in technical physics or equivalent doctoral degree
- Experience in the scientific research of semiconductor materials, in particular the fabrication, optical and electrical characterization of diode- and photonic structures made of III-V semiconductors with the aim of optimizing the light extraction from quantum dots
- Experience in cleanroom processes (optical and electron-beam lithography, material deposition, etching)
- Experience with the presentation and publication of scientific results
- Strong command of German and English (level C1, for non-native speakers: interest in learning German)
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 4,061.50 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
Application Deadline: August 10, 2022.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz. Please include “Job Reference Number 4988“ in your application.
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Dr. Armando Rastelli,
P +43 732 2468 9601, E‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy On Excitons And Charges In 2 D Materials For Optoelectronic Applications, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 27 days ago
Ultrafast laser spectroscopy on excitons and charges in 2D materials for optoelectronic applications Ultrafast laser spectroscopy on excitons and charges in 2D materials for optoelectronic applica...
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy On Excitons And Charges In 2 D Materials For Optoelectronic Applications, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
The project involves fundamental studies on charge carriers, excitons, trions and larger many-body complexes in ultrathin 2D Layered Metal-Chalcogenide Semiconductors and Topological Insulators. T...
Assistant/Associate Professor In T Hz Photonic Health Sensors, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 25 days ago
Assistant/Associate Professor in THz - Photonic Health Sensors Assistant/Associate Professor in THz - Photonic Health Sensors Published Deadline Location yesterday 31 Oct Eindhoven Are you fascina...
Assistant/Associate Professor In T Hz Photonic Health Sensors, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Are you fascinated by the potential of introducing THz and photonic sensing technologies to revolutionize health monitoring? Position Assistant Professor, Associate Professor Department(s) Electri...
Junior Scientist (M/F/D) Innovation Policy And Urban Transformation , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, 1 day ago
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organization and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner ...
Admissions Period Winter 2022, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 16 hours ago
ICFO offers a limited number of PhD positions to well-qualified applicants who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the research topics available within our Research Groups . Our PhD-program...