11 May 2023
Medical University of Innsbruck
- Research Field
Medical sciences » Medicine
- Researcher Profile
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
31 May 2023 - 00:00 (Europe/Vienna)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Tenure Track Position according to § 99 (5) Universities Act for Liver Preservation and Ex-Situ Organ Treatment
at the Department of Visceral, Transplant and Thoracic Surgery of the Medical University of Innsbruck (full-time position)
The Medical University of Innsbruck, located in the heart of the Austrian Alps, is the largest and most important medical research and education facility in the West of Austria. We currently teach and train over 3,600 students in seven Bachelor-, Master- and Doctoral Programs, most of them in medicine. A dedicated staff of more than 2,200 employees covers all relevant fields from basic research to clinical sciences.
We offer qualified candidates a position according to the § 99 (5) Austrian Federal Act on the Organisation of Universities and their Studies (Universities Act 2002 – UG) and agreements based on rules laid down in a general contract for employees of Austrian Universities (`Universitätskollektivvertrag´) as announced in: Mitteilungsblatt der Medizinischen Universität Innsbruck vom 12.06.2019, Studienjahr 2018/2019, 45. Stk., Nr. 177. More details in English are available upon request.
- PhD or comparable qualification
- excellent research and publication activity
- potential to head an independent scientific research group
- experience in the conception, acquisition and management of third-party funded research projects
- teaching experience as well as the willingness to get involved in the further development of medical studies
- willingness to participate in interdisciplinary and translationally oriented research
- completed specialist training in general surgery, meeting the requirements for acceptance into the list of medical doctors of the Austrian Medical Association;
- in depth understanding of liver machine perfusion and prolonged ex-vivo preservation of human and porcine livers
- experience in transplant surgery with a focus and experience in liver transplant surgery
- profound knowledge in liver normothermic machine perfusion modifications
- german language skills, minimum level B2 according to the European reference framework
Your main task:
- teaching and supervising students
- the leading and development of the research group in the field of experimental liver normothermic machine preservation
- recruit the funding necessary to promote this line of research and ensure sustainability of advancement and development
- coordinate research efforts with the organLife group and generate synergy within this group
- support researchers within the organLife research consortium and grant access to the liver NMP research system as needed for their research questions
- Perform research with the immediate intention and prospect for clinical implementation (strict translational focus)
- a competitive start-up package including guaranteed annual base funding
- a varied and largely independent job in a highly attractive work and social environment in a most liveable city
- a dynamic research environment
- numerous further education and development opportunities
- support through central service facilities
- various attractive additional company benefits (including but not limited to excellent support through our service-oriented administration, childcare support, dual career consultation, and an inhouse pension fund in addition to the statutory social insurance)
The current position (full-time employment) commences with a 6-year contract based on a mutually accorded qualification agreement. If the qualification goals are met following a positive evaluation, the contract will become permanent with the job title of `associate professor´.
A salary based on group B1 (or A2 after fulfilment of a qualification agreement based on a positive evaluation) of the collective contract (`Universitätskollektivvertrag´) for Austrian university employees.
The complete application documents (see Application Guidelines under: https://www.i-med.ac.at/karriere/laufbahn.html ) must be sent digitally (as pdf files) in German or English to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is 31 May 2023
Non-EU citizens must fulfil the relevant Austrian legal requirements regarding residence and work permits.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for travel expenses with reference to this tender.
The Medical University of Innsbruck is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity and encourage minorities/women/individuals with disabilities to apply.
In case of inconsistencies between the German and the English versions of this tender, the legally binding version is the German one.
Further information about the Medical University of Innsbruck can be found on: www.i-med.ac.at
For detailed information and all documents in support of an application please see: https://www.i-med.ac.at/karriere/laufbahn.html
Univ.-Prof. Dr. W. Wolfgang Fleischhacker
- Research Field
- Medical sciences » Medicine
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- Medical University of Innsbruck
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Assistant Professor Of Historical Studies And Digital Humanities (F/M/D), Central European University, Hungary, about 12 hours ago
Position: Faculty Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Department of History Department of Medieval Studies E-mail: email@example.com Open for Employee Referral Application deadline date: Janu...
Immigration Specialist (F/M/D), Central European University, Hungary, about 13 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Human Resources Office E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon ...
Assistant Professor Of Historical Studies And Digital Humanities (F/M/D) , ;, Austria, 5 days ago
The Department of Historical Studies at Central European University invites applications for an Assistant Professorship position in Historical Studies and Digital Humanities. Regional and chronolo...
Fe Mtech Internship In The Field Of "Integrated Energy Systems" , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, about 20 hours ago
As Austria's largest research and technology organisation for applied research, we have set ourselves the goal of making substantial contributions to solving the major challenges of our time, clim...
Hr Assistant (F/M/D), Central European University, Hungary, about 13 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Human Resources Office E-mail: email@example.com Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon ...
University Assistant Predoctoral, Law, UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
34 Faculty of Law Startdate: 01.02.2024 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) Limited until: 31.01.2028 Reference no.: 1550 The Institute for Lab...