We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Software & Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) for Autonomous Systems Applications
- You are part of the Autonomous Systems group working at the cutting edge of technologies for assistive & autonomous systems including environment perception, scene understanding, interaction of humans and machines, navigation and control.
- The vast range of applications includes construction, aviation and rail as well as agriculture, robotics, logistics and special purpose machinery.
- As a member of our highly multidisciplinary team you will develop modules for vehicle and machine automation in particular sensor data analysis and fusion (camera, laser, radar, odometry, GNSS, etc.), localization & mapping as well as testing and validation.
- You will participate in the development of machine learning systems for object detection, classification, pose estimation and understanding of scenes.
- You take into account latest research results and requirements of industrial partners.
- Your results will contribute to overcome current roadblocks to the automation of transport, inspection and work scenarios under real world environmental conditions.
- You will have the opportunity to visit and interact with research and industrial partners across Austria and Europe and take over project management.
- Your research results are valued by industry and science and will be integrated in demonstration systems, prototypes and marketable products depending on the technology readiness.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- A university degree in computer sciences, electrical or mechatronics engineering or a comparable technical field
- Very good programming skills (C++, Python) and knowledge of current development and integration toolchains
- Linux and embedded systems know-how; experience with ROS
- GPU programming and experience with computer vision (especially machine learning methods) would be beneficial
- Expertise in Software Engineering practices
- Willingness to learn and work in a highly interdisciplinary field
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in German is advantageous but no requir.ement
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women in science is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/163785
Senior Scientist / Program Manager Ai.Factory , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 11 hours ago
16.11.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for a position as senior...
Research Engineer For In Database Machine Learning , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term As part of the Sys...
Research Engineer, Scis, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Contract Manager Bachelor Degree | Masters Singapore | Closing On 08 Dec 2021 contract till 30 June 2022 About Us Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends...
Post Doc On Machine Learning And Big Data Engineering (0,8 1,0 Fte), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 18 days ago
JADS is actively seeking one postdoc for several research and development projects revolving around Big data architectures, data quality, and safety and security of cyber-physical systems. In seve...
Control Algorithms For Collision Avoidance And Protocols For Data Exchange Between Autonomous Ships In Inland Waterways , NTNU, Norway, about 7 hours ago
This is NTNU NTNU is a broad-based university with a technical-scientific profile and a focus in professional education. The university is located in three cities with headquarters in Trondheim. A...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Computer Science (With Focus On Multi Agent Systems Composed Of Robots And Humans), Örebro University, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Ref no: ORU 2.1.1-06749/2021 The School of Science and Technology at Örebro University is seeking one postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science for a fixed-term 2-year appointment. The researche...