Solgate is a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane transporters. By modulating the function of the “gates” to cellular metabolism, Solgate aims to address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases, in metabolic disorders and in cancer. Solgate is located in the newly established IST Park, a space housing a growing community of technology startups and biotech companies, adjacent to IST Austria in Klosterneuburg, near Vienna.
Solgate is seeking to hire a motivated and accomplished Research Associate as laboratory Technician to join our fast-growing interdisciplinary research team. Together, you will take part in developing novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate the functions of membrane transporters. The position is part of a team of scientists working together at the interface of functional genomics, molecular biology, chemistry and advanced computational methodology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary research projects towards the development of small molecules
- Take part in the planning and execution of projects through various experimental and analytical methods, such as manipulation of cell lines and cell-based assays
- Independently execute analytical methods and report data to the team in a timely, accurate and organized fashion.
- Record, analyze, summarize experimental data as part of reporting in written and oral presentations
- Contribute to laboratory organization (ordering, documentation, database, consumable and infrastructure management)
To accomplish the responsibilities of this role, the candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills in addition to rigorous scientific thinking.
- Master’s in Life Sciences (Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related), Chemical Biology or Organic Chemistry with at least one year of practical experience in the laboratory
- Excellent skills in performing and documenting experiments (for example: molecular biology techniques, mammalian cell culture, biochemistry, synthesis)
- Experience in CRISPR-Cas9 based engineering, 96/384 well cell-based assays, FACS, high throughput techniques are considered a valued asset
- Experience in immunology or neuroscience are considered an advantage
- Proactive, efficient team player who is able to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Creative problem solving and excellent planning and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required. German is a plus.
At Solgate, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills to advance your career and take part in the growth of Solgate from its early days. Solgate embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building our team to represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We can offer you market-rate gross monthly remuneration starting from 2464€. The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, with readiness to pay in excess of collectively agreed amount.
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two references) to our recruitment team using the link. For any question, just contact us (email@example.com ). Please provide the documents as two PDFs, with your name. We can only consider full applications submitted through our portal. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Technician B Cell Analysis, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Sanquin), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The position: The technician will support a post-doc who will study the modulatory effect of tolDC on human B cells (naïve and memory) in in vitro assays. Since B cell responses in vivocan either ...
Computational Biologist, VIB, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org ) is part of the KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics and the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research. We are interested in decoding the ...
Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin Institut Für Veterinär Biochemie Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D ) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: We03 Sfrp1 Bewerbungsende: 10.04.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 7 hours ago
Job description: A position for a Research Assistant (PraeDoc) (m/f/d) TV-L13 (65%)) is available in the laboratory of Dr Torsten Stein at the Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry FU-Berlin, Germa...
Analyst Stem Cell Platform, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for an Analyst - Stem cell platform Project description The Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research (...
Bioinformatician/Computer Scientist For Single Cell Multiomic Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 20 hours ago
The Faculteit Geneeskunde en Farmacie, Department Basis (bio)-medische wetenschappen, is looking for a predoctoral researcher. More concretely your work package contains: The Movahedi lab at the V...
Bioinformatician For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 5 days ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw ro...