Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
The team of Professor Dr. Carl-Philipp Heisenberg is studying various forms of cell interactions underlying the development of multicellular structures, such as tissues, organs and embryos, using zebrafish and ascidian embryos as model organisms. We are searching for a highly motivated technician who would support our growing lab in daily routines as well as specific scientific approaches.
Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- General lab support (preparing buffers/solutions/stocks/cloning etc.)
- Supporting scientists with their individual experiments and projects that involve zebrafish and ascidian embryos
- Taking care of fish lines including raising, feeding and genotyping
- Manage the day-to-day activities in the lab by assuring effective operation of equipment and availability of required supplies
- Provide support with tissue culture
- University degree or vocational training in cell biology or related field
- Extensive laboratory work experience with focus on standard molecular techniques, cell culture and tissue culture techniques
- Proven work experience with animals (zebrafish) is of advantage
- Proactive personality and solution- orientated approach
- Ability to work independently within a scientific environment
- Very good command of English (working language)
- Very good computer skills required
Please note that this position is limited from June 1st ,2020 till May 31st , 2021 (extension t.b.d.). We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,000 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/ .
Project Officer, Biological Sciences, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
A Project Officer position is available in the Laboratory of A/P Tan Suet Mien at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University. Job Description To assist the principle inves...
Medical Research Specialist I, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job Description General Responsibilities: Management of PI’s laboratory: organization, equipment maintenance, consumables inventories, ordering and procurement of laboratory supplies and consumabl...
Flow Cytometry And Cell Sorting (20/10 23/10 2020), PhDcourses.dk, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
PhD Courses in Denmark Search Flow cytometry and cell sorting (20/10 - 23/10 2020) Graduate School of Health Sciences at University of Southern Denmark The course is designed to equip those having...
Researcher, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
At the Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, the main research areas are inflammation and inflammatory diseases irrespective of whether they are caused by allergies, infections or ...
Scientific Internship/Master Thesis Project: Development Of Microfluidic Device For Detecting Immune Cell Interactions For Combating Antimicrobial Resistance, AMOLF, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Representative models of host-pathogen interactions during the course of infection require studying in vitro (e.g., cell culture) or in vivo (e.g., serum, blood) systems, leading to complex sample...
Research Specialist (Angiogenesis Research Laboratory) Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (Job Id #131470), University of Illinois, United States, 11 days ago
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in science preferred. Minimum of 3 years of related research experience. Possesses and applies compre...