Postdoctoral Position in Chemistry
As one of the largest employers in Tyrol, the University of Innsbruck offers a diverse and exciting field of activity for employees with various educational and occupational backgrounds. The University of Innsbruck welcomes personnel diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. Applications are invited for one Postdoctoral position to work in the Magauer research group at the Institute of Organic Chemistry - www.uibk.ac.at/organic/magauer/index.html.en within the project:
“From Simplicity to Complexity: Crafting Molecular Architectures via Cascade Polyene Cyclizations”
Funded by the European Research Council – ERC
- To synthesize, purify and characterize organic compounds.
- To solve chemical problems by effective literature review.
- To prepare monthly reports to support publications.
- To present research progress in group meetings.
- To prepare and solve synthetic problems for the weekly “Denksport”.
- To develop new synthetic methodologies and to accomplish the synthesis of target molecules.
- To work effectively as part of a team, to train/supervise other group members.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or closely related field is required for this position.
- Excellent knowledge in the total synthesis of complex natural products.
- Strong background in synthetic methodology.
- Fundamental knowledge about catalysis.
- Expertise in the use of SciFinder and Reaxys.
- Excellent practical skills (inert atmosphere using Schlenk and glovebox methods).
- Characterization by spectroscopic techniques (NMR, IR, UV-VIS).
The description associated with this job duties and requirements can be found at:
The minimum gross salary (stipulated by collective agreement) for this position amounts to € 4.062 per month (14 times, 40 h/week). The salary might be higher if you have worked in a similar position before. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/ ).
Applicants should send their CV with a list of publications, a cover letter motivating their interest in the position and at least two letters of recommendation before November 13, 2022 to
Research Assistant (M/F/D) (Salary Grade E13 Tv L, 65%), Universität Osnabrück, Germany, about 7 hours ago
Your Duties: Participate in the Volkswagen Foundation-funded research project: “Identifying the factors that determine the robustness of bacterial cross-feeding networks to ecological disturbance”...
Postdoc In Synthetic Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Department of Chemistry Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen Applications are invited for a two year postdoctoral position in synthetic chemistry. The position is part of an ERC Consolidato...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Materials Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
Ref. No. SU FV-4917-22 at the Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry . Closing date: 6 February 2023. The Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry (MMK) is, with about 160 ...
Postdoc Position: Development Of Amphiphobic Coatings Of Catalysts For Advanced Recycling Of Plastic Waste, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Postdoc position: Development of Amphiphobic Coatings of Catalysts for Advanced Recycling of Plastic Waste Postdoc position: Development of Amphiphobic Coatings of Catalysts for Advanced Recycling...
Two Postdoctoral Fellowships: Protein Chemistry And Car T Cell Therapy, Umeå University (UmU), Sweden, about 17 hours ago
Umeå University (Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad6oo4KtKYU ) is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. More than 4300 employees and 33979 students...
Postdoc Or Researcher Industrial Biotechnology For Defossilized Chemistry , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
80%-100%, Basel, fixed-term The Bioprocess Laboratory (Prof. Panke), an international (currently 11 different nationalities) and interdisciplinary (microfluidics, enzyme engineering, synthetic bio...