We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master thesis “Machine Learning Methods for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Communications” - Security & Communication Technologies
- The rapid development of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) represents an asymmetrical threat situation as a potential means of attack, especially in urban areas. Therefore, UAV detection, tracking and control are an important public safety task. Due to the rapidly advancing complexity and robustness of the communication systems of UAVs, machine learning (ML) concepts need to be used to allow an efficient extraction of the UAV signal from surrounding interference, and to develop prediction algorithms for their frequency hopping modulation methods.
- As part of this master thesis, you will deal intensively with the topic of machine learning methods for UAV communications.
- You will perform a literature research on ML techniques applied to wireless communications, and you will provide a critical review.
- You will learn about the communication technology and frequency modulation methods used by UAVs.
- You will simulate and investigate selected ML techniques applied to extract UAV signals from interference, and to predict their frequency hopping patterns.
- You will implement the best performing algorithms in a hardware testbed using LabView, and then test and evaluate the results from real world experiments.
- You gain experience in the area of reliable wireless machine-to-machine communication.
- You train scientific working and discussion with scientific experts.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Academic studies of electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering, computer science or similar
- Solid knowledge in digital signal processing, linear systems, and modulation formats.
- Good knowledge of LabView, hardware design, desirable MATLAB and Python
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- High level of commitment and team spirit
- Very good knowledge of either German or English (fluent in spoken and written)
What to expect:
EUR 1.073,70 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents online, including your CV, a short paragraph describing your motivation for the chosen topic and a transcript of your lectures taken: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/150512
Ai Engineer Machine Learning / Information Retrieval, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
The Information Retrieval Lab at the University of Amsterdam’s Informatics Institute is seeking a research engineer with a focus on machine learning and information retrieval. Our lab works on var...
Researcher In Remote Sensing Of Snow, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Published: 2021-05-27 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Senior Scientist / Program Manager Ai.Factory , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 21 hours ago
26.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich School of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MSRM) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for a position as senior sci...
Senior Ai/Ml Scientist, General Motors, Ireland, about 8 hours ago
About GM There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who a...
Assistant Professor In Geo Environmental Data Science (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Are you a researcher in statistics or machine learning, fascinated by the use of these methods? Eager to apply these methods to solve problems in geography and related fields? We welcome you to ap...
Assistant Professor In Human Centered Ai Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Are you fascinated by artificial intelligence and robotics, and by how they interact with humans? Position Assistant Professor Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences Referenc...