We are Austria’s largest Research and Technology Organisation and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation and Control in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis „Increasing Robustness of Autonomous Robots using Model-Based Diagnosis”
- Autonomous systems comprise a complex set of various technological components
- Each sensor or algorithm may deliver faulty data or results
- Keeping track of the system’s state is therefore a critical factor for robustness and long-term operation
- To detect and identify faulty behavior of a sensor or subsystem is inevitable
- Model-Based Diagnosis is one possible way to enable system fault detection
- The system behavior is modelled for the case of normal operation
- Coherencies and dependencies between different sensor readings and algorithm results are identified and formulated
- Modeling one of our robots with its sensors (LiDAR, Cameras, GPS, IMU, wheel encoder, etc.) and its overall normal operational behavior
- Design and implement different types of observers of the system state
- Identification and analysis of possible fault scenarios
- Evaluate resilience and identify possible recovery strategies
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Enrolled as a master student in computer science, software engineering, information and computer engineering, mathematics or similar
- Background knowledge and interest in autonomous systems and artificial intelligence
- Strong self-motivation and curiosity for solving challenging robotic problems
- Good knowledge and object-oriented programming experience in C++ / Python and ROS
What to expect:
What to expect:
At least € 719,51 gross for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement (Forschungs‐KV). The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. There will be additional company benefits! As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to accompanying you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/114778
Summer Internships 2020 In Intelligent Robotics, Aalto University, Findland, about 19 hours ago
Are you interested in making robots more intelligent? For example, have you ever wondered: How robots perceive their surroundings? How robots manipulate objects? What kind of mathematical models h...
Summer Internships 2020 In Sensor Informatics And Medical Technology, Aalto University, Findland, about 19 hours ago
Research of the group focuses on sensor informatics, adaptive signal processing, and data fusion systems especially for medical applications. Other applications include smartphone sensor fusion, r...
Internship Wire Bonding Process 80 100%, ETH, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Non academic: Internship 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Industry var. Functional Area Production & Operation Salary CHF 0 / Entry date January 22, 2020 i...
Research Engineer In Transport Science And Planning, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Field Support Engineering Internship (Drone Shows), ETH, Switzerland, 6 days ago
Job Type / Workload Non academic: Internship 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Industry var. Functional Area Technic & Engineering Salary CHF 3000 / Month Entry date January 14, 2020 as agreed...
Amanuensis In Dependable Communication And Computation Systems (Dcc), Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
The Department of Computer Science, Electrical and Space Engineering at Luleå University of Technology is looking for a student who has experience in distributed control systems, IEC 61499 and ser...