We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis “Electronic Beamforming for Reliable UAV Communication Links”
- Our wireless communication group is investigating new technologies to increase reliability and safety of wireless communications for a variety of transportation systems as well as the digitization of time-critical applications in many industries.
- Throughout your master’s thesis project, you will have the opportunity to support our colleagues within the development of state-of-the-art technologies for wireless communications links with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
- As part of our research team, you will work with our 5G software defined radio (SDR) massive multiple-input multiple output (MIMO) system and will deal intensively with antenna group design and beamforming based on UAV tracking data from different sensor modalities
- You will carry out a literature search for beamforming, extend them for a reliable use on mobile platforms, and test them on the AIT SDR massive MIMO system under the guidance of our team.
- You will learn to evaluate the results obtained from the antenna group simulation and compare it with measurement data from the AIT SDR testbed.
- You will train scientific working and can discuss experiences with scientific experts.
- You will gain experience in multi-antenna communication systems.
- You will obtain a working implementation of the electronic beamforming algorithm in our SDR massive MIMO testbed and perform a proof-of-concept demonstration.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Ongoing master’s studies in the field of telecommunication engineering or computer science.
- Good knowledge in MATLAB and/or LabVIEW.
- Enjoyment of application-oriented questions from industry
- High level of commitment and team spirit
- Good knowledge of English or German in word and writing
What to expect:
EUR 827,56 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses, and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Thomas.Zemen, Thomas.email@example.com
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Research Associates / Spontaneous Applications, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 18 days ago
Research Associates / Spontaneous Applications (Valid from 01/01/2023 to 05/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Country: Luxembourg Organisation Interdisciplinary Centre of Security, Reliability and T...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Metasurfaces And Phase Arrays Antenna Design For Millimeter Wave Applications, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 11 hours ago
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated and outstanding researchers in the general area of antenna and metasurfaces design...
Research Associate, McGill University, Canada, 15 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Signal Processing Based Solutions For…, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 18 days ago
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Signal Processing Based Solutions for THz Ultra-Massive MIMO Systems with RISs for 6G (Valid from 10/01/2023 to 14/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Country: Luxembou...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Ris (Reflective Intelligent Surfaces)…, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 18 days ago
Research Associate (Postdoc) in RIS (Reflective Intelligent Surfaces) and Phase Arrays Antenna Design for Millimeter-wave Applications (Valid from 04/01/2023 to 08/03/2023) Language: English (UK) ...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Metasurfaces And Phase Arrays Antenna…, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 3 days ago
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Metasurfaces and Phase Arrays Antenna Design for Millimeter-wave Applications (Valid from 19/01/2023 to 23/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Country: Luxembourg Organ...