We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis „3D-Sensor data processing for automated large-scale machinery”
- Our team’s expertise is the development and deployment of assistive and autonomous systems, particularly solutions for automated large-scale machinery (mobile machines, cranes, trucks), in cooperation with national and international companies and research organisations.
- Large machines that perform automated tasks require advanced 3D-perception systems to capture the environment and detect, locate, and track objects in domain-specific application areas.
- Throughout your master’s thesis project, and under the guidance of our team, you will create algorithms for detection and modelling of objects that are handled by a large machine
- You will generate ideas and mathematical concepts, implement prototypic software, test and validate the approach with simulated and real-world sensor data against reference results
- A selected approach will be further developed to a simple proof-of-concept demonstrator on a real machine.
- You will have the opportunity to work with modern sensor systems, such as precise high-speed LiDARs. You will be able to see your contribution interacting within a real-world work process of heavy machines.
- Contribute to a rapidly growing field in machine automation.
- Create a proof-of-concept that can be the basis of future industrial solutions, patent applications and scientific publications
- Gain experience in R&D activities as part of a team of experienced robotic experts and 3D-Vision scientists
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Ongoing master’s studies in computer science, mathematics, software engineering, robotics or similar
- Experience in script / programming languages: Python, C++
- Interested in point cloud processing and implementation of geometrical and topological algorithms
- Good knowledge of verbal and written English
What to expect:
EUR 828,-- gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. As a research institution. We are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly!
At AIT, the support of (future) female scientists is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female candidates. Additionally, this master thesis will be supervised by one of our female scientists!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV, cover letter and certificates online https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/192998
For further information, please contact:
DI Christian Zinner, email@example.com
Master Thesis „Artificial Intelligence For Airborne Phenotyping” , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, 2 days ago
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner ...
Locomotion Software Internship / Robotics , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more...
Research Data Expert , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term To support teaching, research and knowledge transfer, the IT Services (ITS) of ETH Zurich are working as a service organization in a large and complex IT environment. ...
Scientist Lab Automation & Catalysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ETH domain has recently launched the Catalysis Hub (Swiss Cat+), a technology platform dedicated to automated and data-driven experimentation in the field of catalysis...
Toolshop Manager At The Eth Student Project House , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 21 hours ago
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term At the ETH Student Project House (SPH) we inspire and empower students to cultivate a maker and innovator mindset. We believe that by exploring their ideas and develop...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Control Of Satellite Formations And…, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 2 days ago
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Control of Satellite Formations and Space Systems (Valid from 19/01/2023 to 23/03/2023) Language: English (UK) Country: Luxembourg Organisation Interdisciplinary Ce...