Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 3,600* gross/month
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
The mass spectrometry facility provides proteomics analysis to scientists at IST Austria, including protein identification, differential expression analysis, proximity labelling, protein post-translational modification characterization, and more. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to strengthen existing data analysis pipelines as well as to operate LC-MS and GC-MS equipment.
• Apply existing and develop novel bioinformatics approaches to analyze data
• Work closely with research groups to plan experiments, communicate results, and provide analytical support
• Operate and maintain facility equipment (LC-MS and GC-MS)
• Develop and implement emerging proteomics technologies
• Reliably document all procedures along QC standards
• Conceptualize and implement rules/guidelines/SOPs
• Advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a similar field
• Proven practical experience in the analysis of mass spectrometry, in particular proteomics, data
• Experience with one of MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer or Skyline; knowledge of R scripting beneficial
• Proven practical experience in the operation of mass spectrometry equipment
• Excellent communications skills in English (written & spoken)
• Strong service orientation paired with excellent conceptual and organizational skills
• Dedicated team player who also likes to work independently
To submit your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection .
Senior Legal Counsel, Central European University, Hungary, about 13 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: The Office of the Legal Counsel E-mail: email@example.com Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon as possible The Ce...
Analytical Chemistry Core Lab Staff Scientist, Petroleomics, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 16 hours ago
Job Purpose The individual serves the ACL mission to support research at KAUST and regionally by providing most advanced techniques and expertise for custom and routine chemical analysis in a user...
Chief Operating Officer (Coo), Central European University, Hungary, about 13 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: The Office of the President and Rector E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon as possible...
Assistant Professor – Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Central European University, Hungary, about 13 hours ago
Position: Faculty Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Department of Economics and Business E-mail: email@example.com Application deadline date: November 30, 2021 Starting date : August 1, 202...
Laboratory Technician In Kummer Group, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center Of Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
The newly established research group of Eva Kummer is looking for an engaged and dedicated laboratory technician with substantial experience in mammalian cell culture, insect cell culture and pro...
155063 Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Analysis Of Biopharmaceuticals And Protein Drug Targets, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Department of Pharmacy Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint a tenure track assistant professor to commence as soon as possible. Informati...